Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Seems to me

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Seems to me

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 09:44 AM
Taildragger
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seems to me

Seems to me the AMA is doing to the modeling community what Obama has done to Race relations in this country. Turning one against the other. I'm sick of it all.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:34 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Taildragger
Seems to me the AMA is doing to the modeling community what Obama has done to Race relations in this country. Turning one against the other. I'm sick of it all.
I ain't gonna type any kinds of long response here cause I think this thread is not long for the world , but I'm in agreement with half of what you said , and not in agreement with the other half . I'll leave it up to the dear readers to figure out which half if which
Old 10-21-2016, 11:51 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing is for certain, just like the politicians whatever you say someone will come out of the closet and throw dirt on you.

Last edited by raptureboy; 10-21-2016 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-21-2016, 04:21 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
I ain't gonna type any kinds of long response here cause I think this thread is not long for the world , but I'm in agreement with half of what you said , and not in agreement with the other half . I'll leave it up to the dear readers to figure out which half if which
Seems like a perfect thread for the club house...nah, this fits well here just like the drone threads.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:22 PM
Taildragger

Maybe I should not have posted. Wasn't thinking.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:16 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OR, maybe you WERE!!!
Old 10-22-2016, 03:18 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

I'll bite, what are you talking about? What is the AMA doing that's pitting one against the other?
Old 10-22-2016, 03:45 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by tailskid
OR, maybe you WERE!!!
Find a way to bring Obama into a discussion about modeling, a great idea. What could possibly happen? Perfect topic for an AMA thread.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:12 AM
Taildragger

Well, a large majority of modelers think it's because of AMA including them in our regular modeling membership is the reason that we now have FAA regs to contend with and for one I agree with them. The majority of the drones that are out there are just toys with owners that don't give a crap about rules. I know there are those that are responsible people but they are the minority.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:54 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Find a way to bring Obama into a discussion about modeling, a great idea. What could possibly happen? Perfect topic for an AMA thread.
And how many times have YOU brought political remarks into your posts? LOL Hypocrite.

Astro
Old 10-22-2016, 05:31 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by astrohog
And how many times have YOU brought political remarks into your posts? LOL Hypocrite.

Astro
Astro it is the truth that Porcia likes to throw the negative Trump references around , I can count at least 5 I've read from him in the past several months . And so by his continued Trump bashing I've came to figure he's for Clinton , Hey no problem it sure seems the entire country is split half & half between the two , but the only Presidential candidates we're supposed to be discussing here don't have the last names Trump or Clinton , more like Hanson , Tougas , Williams and Tiano .
Old 10-22-2016, 08:01 AM
porcia83
Banned

[QUOTE=init4fun;12269798]Astro it is the truth that Porcia likes to throw the negative Trump references around , I can count at least 5 I've read from him in the past several months . And so by his continued Trump bashing I've came to figure he's for Clinton , Hey no problem it sure seems the entire country is split half & half between the two , but the only Presidential candidates we're supposed to be discussing here don't have the last names Trump or Clinton , more like Hanson , Tougas , Williams and Tiano .[/QUOTE

You are keeping count...another fact checker ...lol.

Last edited by porcia83; 10-22-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:05 AM
porcia83
Banned

Well, a large majority of modelers think it's because of AMA including them in our regular modeling membership is the reason that we now have FAA regs to contend with and for one I agree with them. The majority of the drones that are out there are just toys with owners that don't give a crap about rules. I know there are those that are responsible people but they are the minority.
One generalization after another. The majority of modelers? Are those AMA members or all modelers. The majority of drones are toy garage and their owners don't care about the rules? It looks like that's your opinion as well as some others from here....hardly indicative of any majority.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:41 AM
init4fun

You are keeping count...another fact checker ...lol.
No , not really a "fact checker" per se , but jeez dude , one or two passing mentions is one thing , when they get to 4 or 5 "passing mentions" it kinda stands out . You also know damn right well that if I bashed the Billary even half the number of times you've chumped the Trump that you'd be wailin loud & long about "he's bringing politics in here !"
Old 10-23-2016, 03:13 AM
BarracudaHockey

You're putting the cart before the horse. The FAA regulates everything that uses the NAS, the AMA is the reason you can still fly models, or at least with the minimal restrictions that we have.

FWIW the guy that really got us unwanted attention wasnt flying a so called drone, he was flying a fixed wing flying wing.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:26 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
FWIW the guy that really got us unwanted attention wasnt flying a so called drone, he was flying a fixed wing flying wing.
He was flying via FPV BLOS. This is against AMA and FAA rules (without the proper credentials, etc.)

THAT is why he grabbed the attention, it wasn't because he was flying fixed-wing.

Remember, those of us that are calling for separation, are calling for separation of the technology (BLOS, autonomous), NOT for separation from MR.

Astro
Old 10-23-2016, 05:52 AM
franklin_m

You're putting the cart before the horse. The FAA regulates everything that uses the NAS, the AMA is the reason you can still fly models, or at least with the minimal restrictions that we have.

And yet there's all sorts of additional "unwanted attention" waiting to happen... in District V of all places!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYecj5jYCIA

A fine example of AMA self regulation at work - openly flaunting AMA's turbine speed limit, overflight of non-participating people, overflight of structures, overflight of busy highways. But this waiver holder doesn't stop there, he's also ignoring the AMA's BLOS rule by flying his DJI three miles away! Starting from Lake Point Towers in Palm Beach Florida.

Not only is this waiver holder setting the example on compliance, he's also flying BLOS under the lateral limits of the Palm Beach Class C airspace. Let's see. Beaches, good weather, not like there's any VFR FW or Helo's evr operate below 1200 over water near the beach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivPMLB_DJtQ

Last edited by franklin_m; 10-23-2016 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:31 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by astrohog
He was flying via FPV BLOS. This is against AMA and FAA rules (without the proper credentials, etc.)

THAT is why he grabbed the attention, it wasn't because he was flying fixed-wing.

Remember, those of us that are calling for separation, are calling for separation of the technology (BLOS, autonomous), NOT for separation from MR.

Astro
THANK YOU !!!!

I've been saying all along it's not the type of RC aircraft , it's the flying camera being flown BLOS , no matter what it's strapped to !

I am SO glad to see at least one other person here come right out and say that in the same way I've been saying it .

Now granted , today it seems the RC BLOS FPV unwanted attention does involve MRs more than fixed wing and this is likely due to the difference in MR BLOS flights VS fixed wing BLOS flights today . Each and every news story involving RC I've seen in the past 12 months on TV has been about "Drones" (you know , what the public calls MRs these days) and I believe that's due to MRs being today's vehicle of choice for flying the camera . It hovers and fixed wing don't , that makes it the perfect flying camera platform . Now none of the airframe types when being abused by flying BLOS should ever be blamed on the machine itself which is why I've always tried to stress your message I quoted . Folks who want to fly the flying camera in accordance with AMA #550 are of course welcome whether they fly that #550 legal FPV using an MR or fixed wing and folks who want to fly BLOS should be denounced no matter what they strap the camera to .
Old 10-23-2016, 07:21 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by franklin_m
And yet there's all sorts of additional "unwanted attention" waiting to happen... in District V of all places!

A fine example of AMA self regulation at work - openly flaunting AMA's turbine speed limit, overflight of non-participating people, overflight of structures, overflight of busy highways. But this waiver holder doesn't stop there, he's also ignoring the AMA's BLOS rule by flying his DJI three miles away! Starting from Lake Point Towers in Palm Beach Florida.

Not only is this waiver holder setting the example on compliance, he's also flying BLOS under the lateral limits of the Palm Beach Class C airspace. Let's see. Beaches, good weather, not like there's any VFR FW or Helo's evr operate below 1200 over water near the beach.

Yep , and those are the kinds of videos that scare the heck outta me . Two perfect examples of "it ain't the airframe , it's the way it's used"
Old 10-23-2016, 08:10 AM
franklin_m

Yep , and those are the kinds of videos that scare the heck outta me . Two perfect examples of "it ain't the airframe , it's the way it's used"
And what appears to be an AMA district V waiver holder -- setting a great example on several fronts.

Last edited by franklin_m; 10-23-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:14 AM
porcia83
Banned

meh...details, who needs 'em. Build a wall, keep those bad hombre FPV/BLOS people out!
Old 10-23-2016, 11:50 AM
init4fun

Build a wall, keep those bad hombre

Maybe Billary can sell a mansion or two to help with the financing of the wall in case we can't make the bad hombres pay for it themselves ?

Last edited by init4fun; 10-23-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:56 AM
init4fun

no , not really a "fact checker" per se , but jeez dude , one or two passing mentions is one thing , when they get to 4 or 5 "passing mentions" it kinda stands out . You also know damn right well that if i bashed the billary even half the number of times you've chumped the trump that you'd be wailin loud & long about "he's bringing politics in here !"
bump
Old 10-24-2016, 06:24 AM
BarracudaHockey

Originally Posted by franklin_m

Interesting (and by that I mean scary) though you make some assumptions about him being an AMA or waiver holder.

That said, I'm checking into it.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:02 AM
init4fun

Interesting (and by that I mean scary) though you make some assumptions about him being an AMA or waiver holder.

That said, I'm checking into it.
I would like to go on record as saying whatever the Pilot's AMA status is , I personally would not be piloting any such flights myself . What I saw in both of those videos looked WAY beyond my comfort level for what I read into the Safety Code that we're supposed to be doing to remain "AMA compliant" .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.