Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Avanti XS

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Avanti XS

Old 09-23-2016, 05:57 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Avanti XS

So does anyone know if the Avanti XS actually exist syet ? Has anyone seen one ? It supposedly can be had with or without gear but if I buy it without gear, any suggestions as to what electric retracts may fit ? I'm very interested in something this size but haven't seen any discussions of it yet and was wondering if they are even actually available yet.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:33 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Wayne,
I ordered an Avanti XS without landing gear back in March when it was announced. I was told by a fellow at JR Americas, who are the latest US distributor, that the plane was due in April. I was told the same thing for the next 3 months and then that SebArt was not building them, or rather having them built, until the 3rd quarter of this year. I can't blame JR as they are only able to tell us what SebArt tells them and SebArt's delivery history and production history is fraught with issue after issue delaying things almost interminably.

The last communication I had, a couple of weeks ago, with JR Americas was that they expect the Avanti XS planes now in mid to late November. While I am not exactly pleased about the delays, I have flown the heck out of a Mini Avanti on a P-20SE this summer and I just LOVE it! So I am willing to wait for the XS. In fact I bought the engine (a Merlin 100XBL), which still sits in its box awaiting the plane.

My sense of this is that if the XS flies half as well as the Mini (and I actually expect it to be twice as good) it will be well worth the time I've waited. I am personally switching my aircraft over to electric landing gear slowly, so I did not order the SebArt pneumatic gear. I have an agreement with Xoel at Electron to send him the measurements and he will make gear, struts, wheels, and brakes for this unit. A friend has a set of Electrons in a xXx and they perform extremely well so I thought I'd try them too. Xoel says he should be able to do up a set for me inside a few weeks max. His gain is that he then has the ability to sell the set to others of course. I really liked his gyro stabilized brake system controller too. Anyway that's the scoop so far as I know at this time.

Len
Old 09-23-2016, 02:18 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Sebart gear for the Avanti XS is electric. From the manual it looks like a bigger version of the JP gear that is in the mini Avanti but I might be wrong.

I have my eye on this one too but I'm going to wait to see how people get on with the first ones; the mini Avanti wasn't out that long before the V2 came out.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:47 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Len
Hi Wayne,
I ordered an Avanti XS without landing gear back in March when it was announced. I was told by a fellow at JR Americas, who are the latest US distributor, that the plane was due in April. I was told the same thing for the next 3 months and then that SebArt was not building them, or rather having them built, until the 3rd quarter of this year. I can't blame JR as they are only able to tell us what SebArt tells them and SebArt's delivery history and production history is fraught with issue after issue delaying things almost interminably.

The last communication I had, a couple of weeks ago, with JR Americas was that they expect the Avanti XS planes now in mid to late November. While I am not exactly pleased about the delays, I have flown the heck out of a Mini Avanti on a P-20SE this summer and I just LOVE it! So I am willing to wait for the XS. In fact I bought the engine (a Merlin 100XBL), which still sits in its box awaiting the plane.

My sense of this is that if the XS flies half as well as the Mini (and I actually expect it to be twice as good) it will be well worth the time I've waited. I am personally switching my aircraft over to electric landing gear slowly, so I did not order the SebArt pneumatic gear. I have an agreement with Xoel at Electron to send him the measurements and he will make gear, struts, wheels, and brakes for this unit. A friend has a set of Electrons in a xXx and they perform extremely well so I thought I'd try them too. Xoel says he should be able to do up a set for me inside a few weeks max. His gain is that he then has the ability to sell the set to others of course. I really liked his gyro stabilized brake system controller too. Anyway that's the scoop so far as I know at this time.

Len
Len,

Thanks for the info and I look forward to hearing when you get your Avanti XS. Please do an assembly thread or something when you get yours. I look forward to hearing more about this jet as it's on my short list for next spring..

Last edited by wfield0455; 09-23-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:49 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can see the gear in the manual which can be downloaded on the product page here: http://www.sebart.it/jets-XS.html#Avant-XS-iJetanchor
Old 09-23-2016, 02:51 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by siclick33
The Sebart gear for the Avanti XS is electric. From the manual it looks like a bigger version of the JP gear that is in the mini Avanti but I might be wrong.

I have my eye on this one too but I'm going to wait to see how people get on with the first ones; the mini Avanti wasn't out that long before the V2 came out.
Ok, I assumed pneumatic like the Avanti S but electric would make a lot of sense. It will be interesting to see how the quality is for the stock gear but from the sound of things if it's a problem Electron will be offering an alternative..
Old 09-23-2016, 03:01 PM
Len

Thanks Siclick33, I had just assumed from the size that it would be pneumatic, but I jumped to a wrong conclusion I see. I think I will still use the Electron gear having started the arrangement with Xoel.

Len
Old 09-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Midas D.

Yep it's out there.....

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...-XS-Baubericht

But it's priced it self out the market as far as i'm concerned....

Just my 2 cents

The guy used the stock-seba provided gear and say's that it's very reliable.
He claim's to made 28 flight's with it from grass and tarmac and that it holds up good.

The strange thing is, he put the plane for sale on the same German forum??

Cheers,

Ed

Last edited by Midas D.; 09-23-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:00 PM
A7Bldr
My Feedback: (40)

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

2 videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9k5t-tsXi4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxPR23lU5X0
I have the mini on 6S and its a treat!
Jim
Old 09-24-2016, 04:57 AM
ltc

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Wayne,
The plane initially was never ordered for the US due to the timing of the switch in US importers and the planes release.
It was available to purchase in Europe since the introduction from a few major dealers. I've purchased planes from a couple of them and the shipping to the US was quite reasonable.
JR Americas has been very very slow and I'm not sure they will provide the same support and spares as Jason did previously.