Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Serial Numbers on AMA Ballots ????

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Serial Numbers on AMA Ballots ????

Old 09-15-2016, 03:47 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Serial Numbers on AMA Ballots ????

I got my ballot in the mail today and noticed there is an "Id Code" on it . Great , so are they keeping track of who voted for which candidate ? If these ballots were going to an independent company to be counted that would be one thing , but since they were sent by the AMA , and will be counted by the AMA , the unique serial number is a bit disconcerting to me . Yep , I can already hear the "tin foil hat" taunts being warmed up , but I can see no good reason whatsoever why each ballot should have a unique ID number on it other than to keep track of whose voting for who .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AMA 1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	871.0 KB
ID:	2181228   Click image for larger version

Name:	AMA 2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	731.2 KB
ID:	2181229  
Old 09-15-2016, 03:51 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

to keep the really industrious folk from making duplicate ballots and sending them in.
another example of how the AMA views it's membership, one could say.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:27 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mongo
to keep the really industrious folk from making duplicate ballots and sending them in.
another example of how the AMA views it's membership, one could say.
Well, one could say that's pure bunk too...... I think Init hit the tin nail on the hat.

I'm reminded of the damned if they do, damned if they don't standard they are held to. No good deed and all.

Perhaps they heard all those rumors started years ago by the likes of H Cain and Combat and their troops going on about stuffed ballot boxes, fixed elections, duplicate ballots, and shill "promoters" coming on to RCU. Of course they would never (could never rather) provide any proof or evidence of this, why ruin the narrative? Curiously enough, all of this went on before the election. Not a shocker to see them use this as a sour grapes excuse when he didn't win. I'm looking forward to seeing how this is played out with this election. Tiano of course already laid the groundwork about not making the ballot, the unfairness of it all, the "good old boy" illicit and unfair nomination process, etc etc. But wait, I think Cain won an election once too, as a write in candidate as well...right! But then he resigned. Sounds like someone else running for this election too, only he did it multiple times with multiple positions. #reliable?

But ya...go ahead and pin this one on the AMA as if their cynicism towards their membership is the reason they want some control mechanism in place, because of course this is how the AMA operates. LOL. Of course it has nothing to do with regional elections too right? Makes sense that someone in TX should be able to vote for a VP for New England right? Sure thing!

I could see the complaints now coming in after the election. Why didn't the AMA put any control or verification systems into place to make sure there was no funny business going on. All it would have taken was as simple number on the ballot, it would have been so easy!
Old 09-15-2016, 05:36 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Overreacting a little to one question that was asked. What is your real agenda, or does one really have to wonder.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:46 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by init4fun
I got my ballot in the mail today and noticed there is an "Id Code" on it . Great , so are they keeping track of who voted for which candidate ? If these ballots were going to an independent company to be counted that would be one thing , but since they were sent by the AMA , and will be counted by the AMA , the unique serial number is a bit disconcerting to me . Yep , I can already hear the "tin foil hat" taunts being warmed up , but I can see no good reason whatsoever why each ballot should have a unique ID number on it other than to keep track of whose voting for who .
O/K, I'll bite on the line. Why does the AMA care who votes for who? Your questions presume there is something wrong with having a control number for verification, and is already laying the groundwork as if this is inappropriate. Just like insinuating there is something wrong with the AMA counting the results. So what? If they have control numbers on them, there shouldn't be an issue no matter who counts them. And having an outside company do it would cost money, and we know how people complain about the way AMA spends money. Not that it matters, the results aren't even going to be close, so there's that. Wait, that sounds like another conspiracy in the making, but it's just my Magic 8 ball telling me this.

Additionally there are 3 districts having elections for VP positions, ours is one of them. Should someone from Texas or say, Washington be able to vote for our region? Chances are they have the same ballot as we do, and the control number just might be there to ensure that doesn't happen.

Why does it seem like the first conclusion reached is always one with suspicious and nefarious overtones?

So, to recap...two good reasons: 1: protect someone outside of a district from voting in that districts elections. 2: Protect the integrity of the election process. (So in other words if they sent out 150,00 ballots and get 160,000 back, that's a problem. Or if they receive 25,000 votes for District 1 VP, and there are only 15,000 eligible voters. Problem.

At least there will be no hanging chad issues.

I'm still up for a bet Init.....want to make a prediction on the results? We can keep it easy and skip the voting percentages or number of votes, lets just do 1st through 4th. You in?
Old 09-15-2016, 05:49 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Overreacting a little to one question that was asked. What is your real agenda, or does one really have to wonder.
You've been wondering for 7 or more years.......your conclusions are different all the time. Got any thoughts on the topic at hand?
Old 09-15-2016, 05:55 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Originally Posted by porcia83
You've been wondering for 7 or more years.......your conclusions are different all the time. Got any thoughts on the topic at hand?
Exactly, one does not have to wonder, after 7 years of seeing your antics its just another show on another site where you have yet to be banned.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:59 PM
porcia83
Banned

Exactly, one does not have to wonder, after 7 years of seeing your antics its just another show on another site where you have yet to be banned.
Well, sadly that's something we both have in common isn't it.

Any thoughts on the ballot tracking number?
Old 09-15-2016, 06:09 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Well, sadly that's something we both have in common isn't it.

Any thoughts on the ballot tracking number?
The only thing your antics have in common with me is how not only I but so many others find it a detraction, saying it in its nicest sense.
No matter how many sites, how many warnings or bans, you still needed a come to Jesus with Ken here. Yet you carry on as if there nothing going in in Tom's corner.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:15 PM
porcia83
Banned

The only thing your antics have in common with me is how not only I but so many others find it a detraction, saying it in its nicest sense.
No matter how many sites, how many warnings or bans, you still needed a come to Jesus with Ken here. Yet you carry on as if there nothing going in in Tom's corner.
I retreat Bob as your far better at this than I and most of all, I think I shared in taking this topic away from its actual subject of discussion more than we should have. I believe we've both had a chance to speak with Ken, and he's shared some advice on the ignore function if one chooses not to see posts. Sage advice. I see you have no comments on the topic at hand, so I'll end it on my part here. I wish you the best of nights.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:17 PM
porcia83
Banned

I'll see Eric Williams tomorrow at the NEAT fair and hope to spend some time chatting with him. I'll ask him about the numbers. I don't specifically recall if they were on the last ballots for elections, or what control mechanisms in place, but I have to guess they had some method of keeping it legit. I'll post back if I get a chance to ask him about it.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:55 PM
TheEdge
Banned

I retreat Bob as your far better at this than I and most of all, I think I shared in taking this topic away from its actual subject of discussion more than we should have. I believe we've both had a chance to speak with Ken, and he's shared some advice on the ignore function if one chooses not to see posts. Sage advice. I see you have no comments on the topic at hand, so I'll end it on my part here. I wish you the best of nights.
Its not a game Tom, I have never once focused on how I can be better than you, it's not about winning, it's not about down playing others, don't you get this after all these years?
Old 09-15-2016, 06:59 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Init asked a simple question and look how you made so much more of it and why? Look what you made of it, and why?
Your agenda.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:15 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not a game Tom, I have never once focused on how I can be better than you, it's not about winning, it's not about down playing others, don't you get this after all these years?
UMMM...obviously NOT!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	meme-charlie-sheen-winning-thats-how-i-roll.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	2181230  
Old 09-15-2016, 07:28 PM
porcia83
Banned

Init asked a simple question and look how you made so much more of it and why? Look what you made of it, and why?
Your agenda.
You have 5 responses in the thread and more to come I'm sure since I've engaged you, but none about the thread topic, all focused on me...and I have an agenda? Odd way of looking at things, but I can't control that. I will hold to my word though and update the thread when and if I get more info.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:30 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by astrohog
UMMM...obviously NOT!!!!
What commandment is that one from?

Hey did you get your ballot yet? Does it show any of the DV candidates, or just the presidential ones?
Old 09-15-2016, 07:30 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Can't discredit your true to form self
Old 09-15-2016, 07:45 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What commandment is that one from?
I'll let you decide, I'd be wrong anyway!

astro
Old 09-15-2016, 07:50 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by astrohog
I'll let you decide, I'd be wrong anyway!

astro
I disagree!

Time to charge some packs.....g'night!
Old 09-15-2016, 08:38 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Well, one could say that's pure bunk too...... I think Init hit the tin nail on the hat.

I'm reminded of the damned if they do, damned if they don't standard they are held to. No good deed and all.

Perhaps they heard all those rumors started years ago by the likes of H Cain and Combat and their troops going on about stuffed ballot boxes, fixed elections, duplicate ballots, and shill "promoters" coming on to RCU. Of course they would never (could never rather) provide any proof or evidence of this, why ruin the narrative? Curiously enough, all of this went on before the election. Not a shocker to see them use this as a sour grapes excuse when he didn't win. I'm looking forward to seeing how this is played out with this election. Tiano of course already laid the groundwork about not making the ballot, the unfairness of it all, the "good old boy" illicit and unfair nomination process, etc etc. But wait, I think Cain won an election once too, as a write in candidate as well...right! But then he resigned. Sounds like someone else running for this election too, only he did it multiple times with multiple positions. #reliable?

But ya...go ahead and pin this one on the AMA as if their cynicism towards their membership is the reason they want some control mechanism in place, because of course this is how the AMA operates. LOL. Of course it has nothing to do with regional elections too right? Makes sense that someone in TX should be able to vote for a VP for New England right? Sure thing!

I could see the complaints now coming in after the election. Why didn't the AMA put any control or verification systems into place to make sure there was no funny business going on. All it would have taken was as simple number on the ballot, it would have been so easy!
MY STATEMENT WAS THAT "ONE COULD" SAY,
not that i think that this is what they think..

now, sitting on the boards of, well more than 1, NFP, i can say, that we always have numerical ID on every ballot, it is actually very common. in the case of the ones i am involved with, that id is not attached to a name, just the card. the id is read by machine before anyone looks at the ballot to insure that it was a card sent out and not a good imitation. i do not know if this is how AMA handles their ballots. i do believe that this was the method used buy the out of house firm that handled our election stuff for years.

i well remember the election hoss won by write in, the ballots were sent to hq and counted in house. it was announced that someone else had won the spot, some days later a box of ballots was found that had not been counted and, guess what, the results were radicaly changed and they had to re announce for HC.
that election is the one that caused the out of house counting that lasted until a couple of years ago.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:46 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could care less about them knowing who I voted for. Now if they would "select" ballots to be counted is another story. Ballots should not be counted in house and we piss away money on pins and such so it seems like a election would be worthy of a few bucks to keep it "clean".

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 09-16-2016 at 03:48 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:16 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

One good reason is fraud prevention. Can you see one good reason why they shouldn't?
Old 09-16-2016, 08:45 AM
TimJ

Guys, the ballots are counted by an independent company, not the AMA.......Come on now.

The last two elections that I can think of had the serial numbers on the ballots.

Do people really know so little about the organization?

Last edited by TimJ; 09-16-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:02 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

Actually they are counted in house.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:28 AM
TimJ

since when?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.