Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

setup spektrum DX6i

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 07:10 PM
Wildman62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setup spektrum DX6i

Has anyone put a spektrum DX6i in a Heng Long leopard 2A6? If so is there a diagram or instruction on how to it.

Thank You
Wildman62
Old 11-16-2019, 07:44 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

You cannot just put a real hobby grade radio into a henglong or a taigen. They dont work like that. The tank control board is part of the radio system receiver. To upgrade to a hobby grade radio you would need to upgrade the tank control board to a hobby grade one as well like a clark, an IBU2 or install a tamiya system from one of their tanks.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:40 PM
Wildman62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You for the information I'm new at this
Old 11-19-2019, 04:36 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Until very recently both Heng Long and Taigen used a "Closed Radio System" which negated the ability of just changing Transmitter/Receiver as you would with an "Open" System ,
Taigen introduced the V2 control Board followed a little later by the V3 MFU,
These have a built in 6 channel feed that allows the use of an aftermarket Transmitter/Receiver although even with the "Tailored" Sound Card and their "Affordability" In my opinion if you want a control board that really does offer all the programmable bells and whistles then choose an IBU2/3, Elmod, Clark MFU and the transmitter/Receiver of your choice,
The biggest single shortcoming of the Spectrum Dx6i is the lack of a rotary control (Potentiometer) so you are going to have to mod your Spectrum or use the Tanks volume control rather than having a remote sound facility..
There are some really good Transmitters available for a lot less money with many more programmable switches and knobs than a Spectrum Dx6i and much more user friendly as well.
I use my Spectrum with my fixed wing aircraft not my Armour.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:16 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Some may disagree with this, but if it was me I would get rid of that spectrum and get myself a decent FlySky, an i6 or an i10.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:57 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

You can find the wiring diagrams for hooking your own stuff up on the product page on our site
Just make sure your Spektrum is a 5V receiver, no programming active, or mixes and you should be ok. You might have to adjust endpoints too as the last time I checked Spektrum has goofy endpoints.