Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 11:45 AM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27

Yes, It's fast approaching folks! First in Flight Jet Rally 2018 is only a few months away. This years event will be held May 23-27th at the awesome Wilson Industrial Air Center in Wilson NC. Huge runway (4500'x150') and wide open space to fly in.
CHANGES to 2018 event. First.....We have launched our new First in Flight website where everyone can pre-register as a pilot, rent tents, reserve tables and fans, reserve RV spot, purchase additional shirts and much more. Just got to...........
www.firstinflightjets.com
Keep in mind that each pilot gets 1 event shirt and 1 ticket the to Saturday night awards banquet when they register. We have hotel information with direct web links, event sponsorship options, pictures, restaurants and other important event details listed on the site as well. We also plan to post downloadable forms on the site so pilots can print out at home, fill in the blanks, and hand over at the registration desk. This should aid in getting pilots away from the table and into the air even faster! During pre registration on our website, pilots are able to make payment with PayPal, or Debit/Credit card. Its a very simple shopping cart set up. All transactions can be done in process. If you decide later to add additional items as the event gets closer, simply go back into the site and place your order.
Anyone wanting to make payment with a check must notify me prior by phone so that I can record your order, get your shirt size etc. Deadline on receiving checks will be May 16th 2018.

Biggest change to the 2018 event. After much thought and a LOT of request from past years attendees, we have elected to put a cap on the number of registered pilots at this years event. Though we can certainly accommodate a lot more pilots and we have a huge facility to hold the event, we have decided to keep the number of pilots at a level that reduces wait time on the start up line, and allows more flying time for everyone. This also enables us to stay with the current process of allowing more pilots/groups to have their own tent. Based on passed years events and input from many pilots, we have decided to keep the count at 130 registered pilots. Once we hit the 130 pilot mark, there will be a "Stand By List" Option tab on the website where pilots can get on the waiting list. There will be no charges applied to stand by registrants. If a pilot cancels we will accept the first stand by person on list. If a pilot cancels before the stated deadline listed on the website, he will receive a full refund to his PayPal or Credit/Debit card. All this information will be clearly stated on the website.

With that said, here is the link again to our new site.

www.firstinflightjets.com

See you all at FIF
Larry

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 02-22-2018 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:01 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Can't wait! Louie Lewis and I are really looking forward to it!

Bob
Old 02-06-2018, 12:29 PM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent famous Larry! Cheryl and I always have a great time at FiF! If possible, we'd like the same RV spot as last year.

Thanks,
Old 02-06-2018, 01:23 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully I'll be recovered enough to attend this years event. I'll have a post surgery lifting restriction for several months.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:24 PM
jetguy34695
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rv spots

i would like the same RV spot as well

Tom Telesca
727-430-4763
Old 02-06-2018, 02:01 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Looking forward to it Larry. See you there!
Old 02-06-2018, 03:06 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Larry. All great changes .. I don't know how you and the FiF gang keep making it better and better .. but it's much appreciated and much admired!

Dave McQueeney
Old 02-06-2018, 03:29 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by f106jax
Excellent famous Larry! Cheryl and I always have a great time at FiF! If possible, we'd like the same RV spot as last year.

Thanks,
You got it
Old 02-06-2018, 03:31 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by ww2birds
Thanks Larry. All great changes .. I don't know how you and the FiF gang keep making it better and better .. but it's much appreciated and much admired!

Dave McQueeney
Thanks Dave. Blessed to have such a great crew working the event, and awesome attendees
Old 02-06-2018, 03:35 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by rhklenke
Can't wait! Louie Lewis and I are really looking forward to it!

Bob
Ah Yes,,,, My long lost step son!!!! lol
Old 02-06-2018, 03:42 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by jeteye
Looking forward to it Larry. See you there!
No event is complete without The General !!!!! See you soon buddy.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Awesome Larry, Looking forward to FIF again this year. Thanks for all your work to make it a great event.
Gary
Old 02-07-2018, 05:11 AM
Chris Smith
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Placing a cap on the number of pilots has been done with at least one or two other jet events. Right up front please indicate the cancellation policy and how you intend to manage the standby list etc.
It would also be nice if CDs at large events were organized enough to offer registration fee refunds for those that cancel according to the guidelines.
Thanks.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:24 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Default First in Flight

Larry. . .

The Bear, Anita and myself will attend for sure. Looking forward to the same RV spot as in previous years as well as our tent location. Will hit the online registration as soon as available, but wanted to give you a "heads up."
Look forward to seeing you and Jacqie in 16 days, 25 hours and 11 minutes ! ! !

Kind regards,
Eric & Anita Clapp
A & E Jets USA
formally jet central usa
Old 02-07-2018, 03:31 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by Chris Smith
Placing a cap on the number of pilots has been done with at least one or two other jet events. Right up front please indicate the cancellation policy and how you intend to manage the standby list etc.
It would also be nice if CDs at large events were organized enough to offer registration fee refunds for those that cancel according to the guidelines.
Thanks.

Chris,
Good points. We have included all of that very type information on our web site. Deadlines for ordering/cancelling will be listed. Additionally, if a cancellation does occur and the register pilot has met the requirements (time limits), all of his money will be returned via Pay Pal or CC/DC depending on what method of payment he made.

Per request, we have our site set up to accept both pay pal and Credit/Debit cards now. Still running a few basic test to make sure everything works in the ordering section of our site. It should be easy to navigate through. Plan is to turn the website on Monday, Feb 12.

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 02-08-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Hey Larry, join the list of us unorganized CDs, you're doing a great job. Keep it up. My event may be getting washed away this weekend. Oh well. Gives me a year to get reorganized again...lol.

By the way the SC Jet Squadron will be attending. Request our usual tent spot and camper spots. We will hit the website when you're ready.

Thanks again for all you do for us.
Gary
Old 02-07-2018, 05:00 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Hey Gary! Looking forward to having the SC gang on the flight line again. Really sorry to see weather conditions for the weekend. You guys put on such a great event. Spring meets have been tough on y'all lately,, ;(
OH. Check your tranny fluid out before you come up here. The Ford dealership went up on repairs rates!!!! lol That still rates one of the best Field Repairs made at FIF to date!!! lolol
Old 02-08-2018, 05:11 AM
Chris Smith

Larry,
You totally miss-read my intent and/or tone. Sorry I pushed a button. Apologies. The large events in this country, including FIF, are very well organized, that's why they are large! Capping pilot numbers is a relatively new policy with non-invitational events.
The request was reasonable. Pilots with demanding work-place situations need time to plan, including having the courtesy of cancelling when you need it so others on standby can get a slot.

Last edited by Chris Smith; 02-08-2018 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:37 AM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

Larry, I'll be there if you promise to make me another " Reserved for Hester" parking sign, lol!! I actually have that sign next to one of my parking spaces at my house, so, I'll need you to make me another one since you owe me for a Fockwolfe lol !!
Steve
Old 02-08-2018, 07:53 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by Chris Smith
Larry,
You totally miss-read my intent and/or tone. Sorry I pushed a button. Apologies. The large events in this country, including FIF, are very well organized, that's why they are large! Capping pilot numbers is a relatively new policy with non-invitational events.
The request was reasonable. Pilots with demanding work-place situations need time to plan, including having the courtesy of cancelling when you need it so others on standby can get a slot.
My Bad Chris,
Thanks for following up. I have edited out my comments above.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:06 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by meps
Larry, I'll be there if you promise to make me another " Reserved for Hester" parking sign, lol!! I actually have that sign next to one of my parking spaces at my house, so, I'll need you to make me another one since you owe me for a Fockwolfe lol !!
Steve
Now wait a minute Steve'O I paid you Gooooood money for that FW !!!! LOLOL
Probably the best RC deal I ever made! lol I think of you every time I land that awesome war bird. Thinking,,,,"What in the world was Hester thinking to sell this kit so cheap?" hehehehehe
Old 02-08-2018, 06:16 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Everything on site working great. We'll post site link very soon and begin the process! All registrants receive payment receipts via email. Site is very easy to use. Full list of hotels listed with direct contact to each. In the coming weeks we will adding additional pictures, more art work to site, and a great list of restaurants favored by past years attendees.
We also have a Sponsors page that will list sponsors along with their company logo.

You boys ready to burn some jet fuel?????????
Old 02-09-2018, 07:22 AM
ifly3d

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

May be this year, my legs want hurt from getting off and on that tractor from parking trailers in the mud. My legs just stopped hurting last week !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2018, 01:14 PM
JimBrown

Originally Posted by RC Larry-RCU
You boys ready to burn some jet fuel?????????
Does a bear sh... crap in the woods? Is the Pope Catholic? Does it snow in Canada?

Looking forward to it man!

(Hope I can get my usual RV spot...)

...jim
Old 02-11-2018, 09:38 AM
RC Larry-RCU

OK Guys,,,,,,,,, Here we go!!!!

First in Flight Jet Rally 2018 registration is now open!!!!

Just got to www.Firstinflightjets.com
https://firstinflightjets.com/

It's an easy process, and the site is set up with a simple shopping cart method.

Please note: When you click on the Pilot Registration section, PLEASE SLECT YOUR SHIRT SIZE. As most of you know, First in Flight registration includes an event shirt and banquet ticket at no additional charge.

Anyone wanting to purchase additional shirts can do so on a separate option.
New to this years event, we are offering a Long Sleeve if ordering an additional shirt.
We will have additional shirts on hand for sale, but pre-ordering guarantees the size you need. You will receive it the day you check in.

If selecting a rental tent, you will have the option to add clear or solid sides.
Tables and fans can be added as well.
If you're going to be RV'n, just click on number of nights.

For those wanting to sponsor one of First in Flights many trophies, you can select which trophy you desire. Quantity is set at one in our inventory, so it's first come first serve. Once a category has been purchased, that particular trophy will not be available to another person to sponsor. (don't need two people trying to sponsor the same trophy!)

If you are going to be a Vendor, you can select that option as well. Please note: If you select VENDOR, you MUST be participating as a vendor.

The website also includes a Sponsors Page that will list all those who support our event and pilots. This page will include the companies logo, name, and if wanted, the prizes/products the sponsor has donated.

Payment system includes PayPal, Debit or Credit card. All registrants will receive electronic receipts with details of order.

Cancellation process is noted on the website with deadline dates. If Mama Bear drops the hammer on ya and says you can come, no worries. We'll get your funds returned via the same method of payment you used when registering.

If any of you should have problems ( highly unlikely), just give me a call. My number/contact info is on the site.

OK,,,,,,,,,,, Let's get this party started.

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 02-22-2018 at 05:40 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.