Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 07:01 PM
ifly3d

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by meps
I'm bringing my own Crown, lol. Can you guys say Vanilla, lol ?
Steve
LOL LOL, Steve dont forget the Ice and coke.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:09 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Coke?? You bunch of Yankees in NC know how to mess a good thing up! LOL!

Looking forward to the annual pilgrimage!

JS
Old 04-26-2018, 06:04 PM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

OK guys. Pre-Registration is going great. Still room left if you're thinking about coming.
Just a note concerning event shirts. To guarantee getting your size, you need to pre-register not later than May 7th. Shirt order will be turned in to printers that afternoon. We will have extra shirts on hand as always, but it's first come first serve on sizes. During online pre-registration you will be asked to provide your shirt size. This will help us in ordering the sizes we actually need as well as guarantee you to get your desired size.

This years Saturday Night Pilot Awards Banquet will be held at the Ellis Convention Center. Located close to event. Plenty of parking (including those pulling trailers) and a quick easy drive from airport.

ONLY ONE MONTH TO GO!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2018, 11:30 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Few days left to order rental tents if you need one. Just a heads up, the main taxiway is filled up already and we have now started assigning rental tents to grass area along runway. Little room left for pop ups at start of taxi way, all others to be located in grass area along main runway. Yes, we still have room for additional pilots if you haven't registered yet.
Looking to be a great event. Many first time pilots are coming. Thanks to all of our sponsors who have stepped up to make this a great event, and a special thanks to all those who sponsored this years awards and more.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:54 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is anyone going to first in flight that could bring back a couple of planes semi close to the Mobile alabama area for some gas $$$s?

thanks

[email protected]
Old 05-18-2018, 06:41 AM
RC Larry-RCU

OK Guys,
Here's the latest update for FIF 2018. We still have slots open if you have been on the fence about coming. Around 10 or so pilots dropped out due to conflict. All of which received an immediate refund
Additional rental tent orders were ended last week due to the large number of orders coming in. The taxi way is FULL, and we have others located along the runway in the grass. So as in years past, we'll have a bunch of white tops that will be decorating the airport. We wanted to leave room for pop ups as well.
Weather forecast is looking better as we hoped it would. We may get off to a damp start, but we should see lots of flying as we get into the event. Wednesday shows chances of scattered storms. Thursday says mostly clear. Temps in the mid 80's
Couple of changes/precautions. IF,,, the ground is as soft as last years event started out, we have a special service waiting for all of you and your rigs. The First In Flight "Trailer Valet" lol Josh Bunn and his crew have built a really neat ( and strong) attachment that fits the John Deer 4X4 tractors 3 point hitch system. It has every ball size AND an upper ball for goose neck trailers. If we don't feel comfortable with the ground conditions, we're going to let you guys simply drop your trailer off on the end of the taxiway, and Josh along with Jason will hook up to it and pull/set your trailer right behind your tent! And all that for no additional charge Please,,,No Tipping or Feeding the monkeys as they set your trailer!!!!
Second change if needed. The Airport has agreed to let up park RV's and large campers on the main ramp area if we determine the camping area is too wet. Most of the RV slots at Wilson are elevated well enough and dry out quick, but last year we did have a few that retained water right after the rains and created issues. If was very embarrassing to see my little 1/2 ton GMC pulling Greg Arnett's big rig out of the mud!!!! LOLOLOL Ummm,,,,wait a minute. Seems I did bury it later that day trying to pull another one out.....
Aside from these couple of updates we're set on go and ready to get on with the show!! Tent guys are getting an even earlier start this year. They'll be at the airport with Josh and myself tomorrow setting up frames.

Don't let the weather scare ya!. Pilots who attend regularly will tell you we always get in a great show at FIF.

We'll see you guys soon!!!

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 05-19-2018 at 03:11 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:48 AM
peter w h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Larry,
Since Joe Nall was cancelled both Barbara and I have arrived early and are waiting patiently in anticipation for things to get underway.
Peter H.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:41 AM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Hi Larry,
I will gladly volunteer to park the camper on the ramp. Its closer and will save some steps off what's left of my feet.
See you Tuesday,
Gary
Old 05-18-2018, 11:50 AM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Truck is packed! Camper is packed! On our way tomorrow morning. See you Tuesday!

...jim
Old 05-18-2018, 11:56 AM
ifly3d

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by peter w h
Hey Larry,
Since Joe Nall was cancelled both Barbara and I have arrived early and are waiting patiently in anticipation for things to get underway.
Peter H.
Well Peter looks like you get the first to arrive award. LOL. Me and Larry will be out in the morning to start setting up. MAybe we will see you out there.

Josh AKA Your FIF Trailer Valet.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:00 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Good progress today setting up. Tents are 95% completed! Grass mowed. Josh tried out the new First In Flight Valet tractor today. Worked GREAT!

Nothing but sunshine ALL DAY today!!!!!!!

NOTE:: When you arrive at First in Flight this year, do not drive your pull your trailer directly to your tent. Just as a precaution, we're setting ALL the trailers for you guys with the JD 4X4 tractor. The ground dried out a lot today, but we are going to do all we can to avoid tearing up the grass and creating a big mud pit! You'll simply drop your trailer on the hard top, them Josh and Jason will hook it up and move it to your tent for you!!! Even with the very wet conditions today, the tractor made no ruts and easily set a couple of trailers behind the tents. This will make things a lot easier for everyone.

Also,, ALL Motor Homes and Large Campers will be allowed to park on the main ramp this year! There is a designated area we are allowed to park, so if you arrive late in the evening we ask that you do not set up on the ramp until we direct you to. We all arrive early each morning so you will have plenty of time to get things set up. There will be some parking allowed in the regular grass area on the tree side. NO PARKING in the center grass area. It's just too wet at this point. If the drying continues over the next few days we may go back to our regular parking. Those with large toy hauler type RVs will have a designated area that allows you easy access to the rear of your hauler.

Its ALL Good folks!!! FIF hasn't missed an event yet, and this year will be no different. Just a few simple changes that will allow us to have a great event. Cant thank the City of Wilson enough for allowing us to change our process to make it all happen.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:16 AM
Viper1GJ

Thanks Larry for all the work you and your crew do for us prior to the event. Looking forward to it.
See you Tuesday morning.
Gary Jones
Old 05-21-2018, 09:48 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Really looking for some sun, we had rain for 10 days straight and it should keep raining till next Monday. :-(

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 05-21-2018, 06:29 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by ZB
Really looking for some sun, we had rain for 10 days straight and it should keep raining till next Monday. :-(

Zb/Jeti USA
Some of your Floridian buddies are already here! Tom Telesca got to bath in the sun all day!!! Two days of sunshine already! Forecast looking better and better. Had storms about 50 miles west of airport late afternoon, but not a drop hit Wilson!!!!! Started setting trailers already. Motor homes are lining up on the ramp.

We were treated all day to several F-15s fly overs from nearby air force base. Then!!! Out of nowhere, we had not one, but TWO B-52s fly over! Rare sight nowadays. I think our military hero's are wanting to start our jet meet off right!!
Gonna be another fun event folks.

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 05-21-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:30 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Thanks Larry for all the work you and your crew do for us prior to the event. Looking forward to it.
See you Tuesday morning.
Gary Jones
Your line up of tents awaits you Gary!!! lol
Old 05-21-2018, 07:07 PM
RCflyerCT
My Feedback: (13)

Default Just arrived

I just got in this evening from Connecticut...been looking forward to this all year...thank you Larry and team for all you do to make this great event happen!!

Wes
Old 05-22-2018, 09:44 AM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Will see you Thursday morning Larry. Looking forward to some great fun in Wilson!

Lewis
Old 05-22-2018, 05:43 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Just arrived this afternoon myself. The "trailer valet" was most impressive .. appropriate for a classy event like this .. and a first for a Jet Rally as far as I know!

As always, hats off to Larry, Josh and the FiF crew .. AWESOME!

Dave McQ
Old 05-28-2018, 07:28 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Larry and the crew who really go out of their way to put this event on and make it first class. I can say for me and the Virginia crew that we had a great time. As fewer people came due to weather forecasts, I think the number around 100 was perfect. Very little if any waiting to fly and it was much more comfortable/relaxed IMO. Not sure how anyone else felt about that. Thanks again to the whole crew and the city of Wilson for allowing us to play with our toys
Old 05-28-2018, 12:38 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by afterburner
Just wanted to give a big thanks to Larry and the crew who really go out of their way to put this event on and make it first class. I can say for me and the Virginia crew that we had a great time. As fewer people came due to weather forecasts, I think the number around 100 was perfect. Very little if any waiting to fly and it was much more comfortable/relaxed IMO. Not sure how anyone else felt about that. Thanks again to the whole crew and the city of Wilson for allowing us to play with our toys
I agree, it was a perfect event at the perfect size. The weather was great as well. Lots of fun! Thanks to Larry and all of the guys for their hard work and the City of Wilson.

Bob
Old 05-28-2018, 12:44 PM
peter w h

From day one we felt welcome - thanks for a first class and very well run event.
We will be back next year.
Best,
Peter and Barbara H.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:13 PM
Viper1GJ

Thanks to Larry, Josh, all the FIF staff, and the City of Wilson for another great FIF. All the guys and gals in the SC Jet Squadron had a great time. The pilot numbers were perfect, the dinner venue far better than the hanger, and camper parking on the ramp all put this FIF over the top. Also is was a real honor to receive an award in memory of Navy SEAL Aaron Vaughn. We are already looking forward to next year.

Thanks again,
Gary Jones
Old 05-28-2018, 04:55 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Any pics?
Old 05-28-2018, 05:00 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Agreed .. best event EVER! Larry, Josh and the crew are simply amazing .. and the weather held up very well. Thanks guys for all the hard work and dedication .. we all owe you a great debt of gratitude!

Dave McQ
Old 05-28-2018, 05:14 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Awesome job by Larry, Josh, and the rest of the FIF Jet Crew for putting on what I also thought was the best FIF ever! All the changes/improvements worked out great and the weather couldn’t have been any better for the event. The SC Jet Squadron thanks you guys for hosting such a first class event ... we had a blast! Looking forward to next year already! JS

Last edited by jsnipes; 05-28-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.