Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 06:26 AM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by itryfly
Hey Larry,
Good seeing you & Jackie last week. All signed up looking and forward to another great FIF.

Andy
Great seeing y'all as well Andy! Let's burn some jet fuel now!
Old 03-07-2018, 11:51 AM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of tents, I have a 20x20 (no sides) that I'd be willing share half of, for half the cost... PM me if interested.

Thanks,
...jim
Old 03-09-2018, 07:12 AM
RC Larry-RCU

A big Thank You to both Jet Central and DreamWorks for jumping on board again as FIF sponsors.
And yes,,,,I'm told the DW trailer will be set up at our event this year. Start making that shopping list boys!!!

Will be announcing another great sponsor (new to FIF) in the next few days.

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 03-14-2018 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:37 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Registration going great! Looking to be another awesome event.

We still have a few Award Sponsorship opportunities left for anyone wanting to do so. Several others grabbed up already.

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to contact me.

L

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 03-21-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:01 PM
RC Larry-RCU

First in Flight Jets is thrilled to announce Der Jet, in conjunction with A&E Jets will be donating one of their awesome
F-35A model jets to the FIF event. Everyone knows the quality of these jets are awesome, and we're very honored to have them on board as a new sponsor to FIF. Thanks Der Jet and A&E jets for making this possible.
Check out the link below for more details about this model.

Der Jet Model

Video - Der Jet Model

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 03-20-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:30 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Only four award sponsorships left now. They are:

Concours d'elegance
Best Finish
Technical Achievement
Best Military Performance

If you would like to be a sponsor for any of these individual awards or other sponsorship to the event, justgo to https://firstinflightjets.com/ where you'll find all the info you need.

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 03-27-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:15 AM
ifly3d

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by RC Larry-RCU
First in Flight Jets is thrilled to announce Der Jet, in conjunction with A&E Jets will be donating one of their awesome
F-35A model jets to the FIF event. Everyone knows the quality of these jets are awesome, and we're very honored to have them on board as a new sponsor to FIF. Thanks Der Jet and A&E jets for making this possible.
Check out the link below for more details about this model.

Der Jet Model

Video - Der Jet Model
That is a nice looking jet.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:13 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Yes it IS Mr. Bunn. I could certainly see one of those wicked F-35s in your Hanger!!!!!!! Cant wait to see it at FIF
Old 03-28-2018, 07:12 AM
bstussie
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys just wanted to give a heads up on the site, if you pull the site up on a mobile device you will see the site on the right, if you pull up the site on a PC then you will get the full version on the left.

In order to get the menu on mobile device click the 3 white bars that are circled in Red on the picture below/attached

Old 03-30-2018, 10:58 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Thanks Brandon. Talking to a guy at FJ last week and he was seeing same thing. Told him to click on the 3 hash marks and Wah Lah! He registered on his phone without issue.
Less Than Two Months To Go!!!! Get'n excited.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:38 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Larry, I sent you a message about the Best Military Performance award a week or so ago through the website...didn't know if you got it or not.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:40 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by rbxbear44
Larry, I sent you a message about the Best Military Performance award a week or so ago through the website...didn't know if you got it or not.
Rex,
Not sure why, but it didn't come through. Just send message to [email protected] or call me at 919-215-3946
Old 04-05-2018, 06:44 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Yes, It's fast approaching folks! First in Flight Jet Rally 2018 is only a few weeks away. This years event will be held May 23-27th at the awesome Wilson Industrial Air Center in Wilson NC. Huge runway (4500'x150') and wide open space to fly in.
CHANGES to 2018 event. First.....We have launched our new First in Flight website where everyone can pre-register as a pilot, rent tents, reserve tables and fans, reserve RV spot, purchase additional shirts and much more. Just got to...........
www.firstinflightjets.com
Keep in mind that each pilot gets 1 event shirt and 1 ticket the to Saturday night awards banquet when they register. We have hotel information with direct web links, event sponsorship options, pictures, restaurants and other important event details listed on the site as well. We also plan to post downloadable forms on the site so pilots can print out at home, fill in the blanks, and hand over at the registration desk. This should aid in getting pilots away from the table and into the air even faster! During pre registration on our website, pilots are able to make payment with PayPal, or Debit/Credit card. Its a very simple shopping cart set up. All transactions can be done in process. If you decide later to add additional items as the event gets closer, simply go back into the site and place your order.
Anyone wanting to make payment with a check must notify me prior by phone so that I can record your order, get your shirt size etc. Deadline on receiving checks will be May 16th 2018.

Biggest change to the 2018 event. After much thought and a LOT of request from past years attendees, we have elected to put a cap on the number of registered pilots at this years event. Though we can certainly accommodate a lot more pilots and we have a huge facility to hold the event, we have decided to keep the number of pilots at a level that reduces wait time on the start up line, and allows more flying time for everyone. This also enables us to stay with the current process of allowing more pilots/groups to have their own tent. Based on passed years events and input from many pilots, we have decided to keep the count at 130 registered pilots. Once we hit the 130 pilot mark, there will be a "Stand By List" Option tab on the website where pilots can get on the waiting list. There will be no charges applied to stand by registrants. If a pilot cancels we will accept the first stand by person on list. If a pilot cancels before the stated deadline listed on the website, he will receive a full refund to his PayPal or Credit/Debit card. All this information will be clearly stated on the website.

With that said, here is the link again to our new site.

See you all at FIF
Larry
Old 04-05-2018, 05:50 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Old 04-16-2018, 04:56 AM
RC Larry-RCU

First in Flight Jet Rally 2018 is only 5 weeks away. This years event will be held May 23-27th at the awesome Wilson Industrial Air Center in Wilson NC. Huge runway (4500'x150') and wide open space to fly in.
We have launched our new First in Flight website where everyone can pre-register as a pilot, rent tents, reserve tables and fans, reserve RV spot, purchase additional shirts and much more. Just got to...........
Keep in mind that each pilot gets 1 event shirt and 1 ticket the to Saturday night awards banquet when they register. That is included with registration!We have hotel information with direct web links, event sponsorship options, pictures, restaurants and other important event details listed on the site as well. During pre registration on our website, pilots are able to make payment with PayPal, or Debit/Credit card. Its a very simple shopping cart set up. All transactions can be done in process. If you decide later to add additional items as the event gets closer, simply go back into the site and place your order. It will be added to you order on file.
Anyone wanting to make payment with a check must notify me prior by phone so that I can record your order, get your shirt size etc. Deadline on receiving checks will be May 16th 2018. 919-215-3946
If a pilot cancels before the stated deadline listed on the website, he will receive a full refund to his PayPal or Credit/Debit card. All this information is listed on the website.

Tent prices are:
20X20 $300
w/sides $365
30X30 $475
w/sides $580
ALL items are available through a simple shopping cart process. tents, tables, fans, shirts, RV spots and more.

If you are considering sponsoring one of our event awards, there are only 4 left! Just click on trophy icon and available awards will be listed.

This years event will have a registration cap, but there are still many slots left if you are thinking about coming.

With that said, here is the link again to our new site.

See you all at FIF
Old 04-18-2018, 10:23 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Nearly 100 pilots registered so far!!! Seeing a lot of new names this year, which WE LOVE to see. Always great to have first time attendees on the flight line.
Working on something a little different for this year. Possibility we may move the Saturday night banquet to a different location this year. Will know more in next week or so. BUT,,,, regardless of this years location (hanger or not) I will let you guys know this will be the last year holding it in the old historic hanger. Next years banquet will be held at the Hampton Banquet facility where many of you stay already. Unfortunately we were not able to acquire it for this year as someone else had booked the venue over a year ago. The great thing about that facility is nearly ALL of the hotels are within close walking distance to the Hampton. The old hanger has served us well, but lets face it. When the wind aint blow'n, it can get muggy in there!!! Following FJ's lead in holding the banquet at a more formal ( and air conditioned) venue, we feel this will add a bit more class to our event.
If you haven't registered yet, don't wait too long!! Hopefully we'll have remaining spots open right up until the event. We'll keep you all posted.
Still a few awards available if anyone would like to sponsor one. Very gracious to those that have stepped up already and done so.

Just over 4 weeks to go. You fellas headed to Afterburner have great time! Save a little fuel for us
Old 04-19-2018, 03:42 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Nearly 100 pilots registered so far!!! Seeing a lot of new names this year, which WE LOVE to see. Always great to have first time attendees on the flight line.
Working on something a little different for this year. Possibility we may move the Saturday night banquet to a different location this year. Will know more in next week or so. BUT,,,, regardless of this years location (hangar or not) I will let you guys know this will be the last year holding it in the old historic hangar. Next years banquet will be held at the Hampton Banquet facility where many of you stay already. Unfortunately we were not able to acquire it for this year as someone else had booked the venue over a year ago. The great thing about that facility is nearly ALL of the hotels are within close walking distance to the Hampton. The old hangar has served us well, but lets face it. When the wind aint blow'n, it can get muggy in there!!! Following FJ's lead in holding the banquet at a more formal ( and air conditioned) venue, we feel this will add a bit more class to our event.
If you haven't registered yet, don't wait too long!! Hopefully we'll have remaining spots open right up until the event. We'll keep you all posted.
Still a few awards available if anyone would like to sponsor one. Very gracious to those that have stepped up already and done so.

Just over 4 weeks to go. You fellas headed to Afterburner have great time! Save a little fuel for us
Old 04-20-2018, 04:41 PM
RC Larry-RCU

OK Folks
A few of us took a trip down to Wilson this afternoon to look for potential venues to hold our Saturday Night Banquet. Smelling all that avgas, jet-A and dust the old hanger has to offer has been ok the last few years, but dog gone it,,,, It's just been too damn hot sometimes! Oh, and lets not forget the outstanding acoustics!!!!!! So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have a bit of good news for everyone. This years Saturday Night Banquet will be held at the Ellis Convention Center located just 4 miles from the airport. Its an easy drive and takes just a few minutes to get to.
Another plus (besides air conditioning!) is they have a ton of parking that will easily accommodate anyone wishing to pull their trailers out on Saturday night. There's even enough room for the DeSandre Train!!!! lol Seriously,,,,,,,,,, They do Don!!
We'll be using the big hangar for day and night storage as usual, and everyone is welcome to leave their trailers/planes on site through Monday morning if needed. Don't forget we keep the runway open all day on Sunday to!
Depending on how you guys like the venue, we have the option to use it again. But current plans are to move it to the Hampton off I-95 next year.

So,,,,,,,,, No more echo,o o o o o's No more dust, and no more swamp air! lol We're A/C'n it this years boys!!!

Same as years past, the banquet is covered with your pilot's registration.

4 weeks and counting!

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 04-20-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:37 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I thought you were going to say THE BEEF MASTER!! That right there is an opportunity missed. LOL!

JS

OK Folks
A few of us took a trip down to Wilson this afternoon to look for potential venues to hold our Saturday Night Banquet. Smelling all that avgas, jet-A and dust the old hanger has to offer has been ok the last few years, but dog gone it,,,, It's just been too damn hot sometimes! Oh, and lets not forget the outstanding acoustics!!!!!! So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have a bit of good news for everyone. This years Saturday Night Banquet will be held at the Ellis Convention Center located just 4 miles from the airport. Its an easy drive and takes just a few minutes to get to.
Another plus (besides air conditioning!) is they have a ton of parking that will easily accommodate anyone wishing to pull their trailers out on Saturday night. There's even enough room for the DeSandre Train!!!! lol Seriously,,,,,,,,,, They do Don!!
We'll be using the big hangar for day and night storage as usual, and everyone is welcome to leave their trailers/planes on site through Monday morning if needed. Don't forget we keep the runway open all day on Sunday to!
Depending on how you guys like the venue, we have the option to use it again. But current plans are to move it to the Hampton off I-95 next year.

So,,,,,,,,, No more echo,o o o o o's No more dust, and no more swamp air! lol We're A/C'n it this years boys!!!

Same as years past, the banquet is covered with your pilot's registration.

4 weeks and counting!
Old 04-21-2018, 08:56 AM
rcflier53
My Feedback: (7)

Larry, looking forward to my inaugural First In Flight event! I’ve heard many great things about it and can’t wait to meet everyone, hang out, and do some flying too!!

Adam
Old 04-23-2018, 03:53 AM
RC Larry-RCU

LOLOLOL
That's would be pretty awesome Jamie, but I doubt we could fit 150 people in the parking lot while we waited for our name to be called!!!!!
Old 04-23-2018, 03:55 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Thats great Adam! It's always good having first time attendees. Looks like we have a big crown coming from SC this year. Watch out for Snipes and Jones. Those guys will get you in trouble!!!!!!!!! T

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 04-23-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:28 AM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Crown? Did someone say Crown?!? LOL!

Speaking of trouble ...

Thats great Adam! It's always good having first time attendees. Looks we have a big crown coming from SC this year. Watch out for Snipes and Jones. Those guys will get you in trouble!!!!!!!!! T
Old 04-24-2018, 08:50 AM
ifly3d

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jsnipes

Speaking of trouble ...

Jamie, I think he was trying to say CLOWNS. LOL LOL
Old 04-24-2018, 10:03 AM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

Originally Posted by jsnipes

Speaking of trouble ...

I'm bringing my own Crown, lol. Can you guys say Vanilla, lol ?
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.