Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27

Old 02-11-2018, 12:02 PM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Hole EEE *^%&$!!!!!!! Getting slammed with orders!! Site obviously working as planned!
Big Thanks to Brandon Stussie for building the site for us and getting it up and running.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Brandon.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	2254257  
Old 02-11-2018, 01:43 PM
RCflyerCT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome site. Just registered and was so easy...cant wait to see and fly with everyone in May!

Wes
Old 02-11-2018, 03:49 PM
bstussie
My Feedback: (22)

Originally Posted by RC Larry-RCU
Hole EEE *^%&$!!!!!!! Getting slammed with orders!! Site obviously working as planned!
Big Thanks to Brandon Stussie for building the site for us and getting it up and running.

thanks Larry, happy to help where I can

100 days and counting
Old 02-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Larry, kinda tells ya got a good thing going. Site very nice and easy.
Is there a way to request camper parking slots or is it first come as in past? Would like to park the toy hauler with back facing the ramp as in past.

Thanks.
Gary
Old 02-11-2018, 04:23 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Larry, kinda tells ya got a good thing going. Site very nice and easy.
Is there a way to request camper parking slots or is it first come as in past? Would like to park the toy hauler with back facing the ramp as in past.

Thanks.
Gary
Hey Gary.
Glad ya like the site. Slots are assigned on first come first serve as usual.

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 02-11-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:18 PM
gbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Larry,
Looking forward to it! If you can put Charlie's Angels in their same spot, that would be great!
Thanks for all you guys do.
Gary
Old 02-11-2018, 06:24 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by gbarnes
Larry,
Looking forward to it! If you can put Charlie's Angels in their same spot, that would be great!
Thanks for all you guys do.
Gary
Got your order Gary. Tell Charlie you guys are all set! That rascal is probably hanging out in the Keys this week.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:26 PM
RC Larry-RCU

WOW!!!! First few hours of open registration and had 30+ pilots get registered. Seeing a LOT of new names popping up.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:59 AM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Larry, I put in for six nights in the RV, but did not see anything to "reserve" a specific spot. Is it still first come, first served? Or can I count on getting my usual spot next to the fence by the FBO?

Thanks!
...jim
Old 02-12-2018, 12:18 PM
jetguy34695
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rv spots

see post #30
Old 02-12-2018, 04:09 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by JimBrown
Larry, I put in for six nights in the RV, but did not see anything to "reserve" a specific spot. Is it still first come, first served? Or can I count on getting my usual spot next to the fence by the FBO?

Thanks!
...jim
Hey JimBo! Its first come first serve as always, but worry not. You and Ann ALWAYS get there early enough to grab the spot at "Brown Court" !!!!
Old 02-12-2018, 07:14 PM
PREACHHAMES
My Feedback: (58)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Ready for another great year! I will have to leave the Buckeye at home though...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F-100 & Buckeye.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	2254448  
Old 02-12-2018, 08:23 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Hey JimBo! Its first come first serve as always, but worry not. You and Ann ALWAYS get there early enough to grab the spot at "Brown Court" !!!!
Roger that! Missed the other message earlier... ;-)

Thanks, and see you there!
...jim
Old 02-13-2018, 04:13 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by PREACHHAMES
Ready for another great year! I will have to leave the Buckeye at home though...
But you promised to bring it!!!!!!!! lol
Old 02-13-2018, 09:43 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

WOW!!!! First few hours of open registration and had 30+ pilots get registered. Seeing a LOT of new names popping up.
Larry, I think I can actually make it this year...just registered.

Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Rex Briant
Old 02-13-2018, 11:15 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by rbxbear44
Larry, I think I can actually make it this year...just registered.

Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Rex Briant
That's awesome new Rex. Will be great to see you on the flight line buddy!!!
Old 02-14-2018, 03:56 AM
LimitDwn
My Feedback: (21)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Registration completed last night, this will be my first time down to First in Flight. Looking forward to it. Staying at an Airbnb about 3 miles away, should be there nice and early Wednesday morning.

Robert
Old 02-14-2018, 05:06 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Originally Posted by LimitDwn
Registration completed last night, this will be my first time down to First in Flight. Looking forward to it. Staying at an Airbnb about 3 miles away, should be there nice and early Wednesday morning.

Robert
Will be great to have you at FIF Robert. Everything (hotels, food, shopping) is located very close by. Be ready to burns LOTS of jet fuel!!!!
Old 02-14-2018, 05:33 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Hey guys. I got a phone call this morning from someone registering saying they couldn't find the hotel info etc. Turns out it was his browser. If the page doesn't load completely showing drop downs and options, try clicking on the 3 hash marks far left side of the blue tool bar. That will give you a drop down list you can work from.. I know Chrome, Explorer and most others work fine.

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 02-14-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:18 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Here's a link with video showing some of last years fun.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214516
Old 02-21-2018, 05:56 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Yes, It's fast approaching folks! First in Flight Jet Rally 2018 is only a few months away. This years event will be held May 23-27th at the awesome Wilson Industrial Air Center in Wilson NC. Huge runway (4500'x150') and wide open space to fly in.
CHANGES to 2018 event. First.....We have launched our new First in Flight website where everyone can pre-register as a pilot, rent tents, reserve tables and fans, reserve RV spot, purchase additional shirts and much more. Just got to...........www.firstinflightjets.com
Keep in mind that each pilot gets 1 event shirt and 1 ticket the to Saturday night awards banquet when they register. We have hotel information with direct web links, event sponsorship options, pictures, restaurants and other important event details listed on the site as well. We also plan to post downloadable forms on the site so pilots can print out at home, fill in the blanks, and hand over at the registration desk. This should aid in getting pilots away from the table and into the air even faster! During pre registration on our website, pilots are able to make payment with PayPal, or Debit/Credit card. Its a very simple shopping cart set up. All transactions can be done in process. If you decide later to add additional items as the event gets closer, simply go back into the site and place your order.
Anyone wanting to make payment with a check must notify me prior by phone so that I can record your order, get your shirt size etc. Deadline on receiving checks will be May 16th 2018.

Biggest change to the 2018 event. After much thought and a LOT of request from past years attendees, we have elected to put a cap on the number of registered pilots at this years event. Though we can certainly accommodate a lot more pilots and we have a huge facility to hold the event, we have decided to keep the number of pilots at a level that reduces wait time on the start up line, and allows more flying time for everyone. This also enables us to stay with the current process of allowing more pilots/groups to have their own tent. Based on passed years events and input from many pilots, we have decided to keep the count at 130 registered pilots. Once we hit the 130 pilot mark, there will be a "Stand By List" Option tab on the website where pilots can get on the waiting list. There will be no charges applied to stand by registrants. If a pilot cancels we will accept the first stand by person on list. If a pilot cancels before the stated deadline listed on the website, he will receive a full refund to his PayPal or Credit/Debit card. All this information will be clearly stated on the website.

With that said, here is the link again to our new site.

www.firstinflightjets.com

See you all at FIF
Larry

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 02-22-2018 at 05:38 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:43 AM
RC Larry-RCU

First in Flight Jet Rally 2018 registration is now open!!!!

Just got to www.Firstinflightjets.com
https://firstinflightjets.com/

It's an easy process, and the site is set up with a simple shopping cart method.

Please note: When you click on the Pilot Registration section, PLEASE SLECT YOUR SHIRT SIZE. As most of you know, First in Flight registration includes an event shirt and banquet ticket at no additional charge.

Anyone wanting to purchase additional shirts can do so on a separate option.
New to this years event, we are offering a Long Sleeve if ordering an additional shirt.
We will have additional shirts on hand for sale, but pre-ordering guarantees the size you need. You will receive it the day you check in.

If selecting a rental tent, you will have the option to add clear or solid sides.
Tables and fans can be added as well.
If you're going to be RV'n, just click on number of nights.

For those wanting to sponsor one of First in Flights many trophies, you can select which trophy you desire. Quantity is set at one in our inventory, so it's first come first serve. Once a category has been purchased, that particular trophy will not be available to another person to sponsor. (don't need two people trying to sponsor the same trophy!)

If you are going to be a Vendor, you can select that option as well. Please note: If you select VENDOR, you MUST be participating as a vendor.

The website also includes a Sponsors Page that will list all those who support our event and pilots. This page will include the companies logo, name, and if wanted, the prizes/products the sponsor has donated.

Payment system includes PayPal, Debit or Credit card. All registrants will receive electronic receipts with details of order.

Cancellation process is noted on the website with deadline dates. If Mama Bear drops the hammer on ya and says you can come, no worries. We'll get your funds returned via the same method of payment you used when registering.

If any of you should have problems ( highly unlikely), just give me a call. My number/contact info is on the site.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:40 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Just under 3 months to go.
Pre-registration going great!!!
Right at 80 pilots registered already. (well over half way to 130 cap,,,,,)
Lot of tents ordered. (asking folks to limit themselves to no more than two 30X30 tents.... if possible......)
Everyone seems to be really please at how simple the process is.
Still some award and event sponsorship available for those interested.
From the looks of it, half of Canada will be here this year!!!!!!!!!

To get in on the fun, go to...............
www.firstinflightjets.com

Looking to be a great event.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:41 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Just under 3 months to go.
Pre-registration going great!!!
Right at 80 pilots registered already. (well over half way to 130 cap,,,,,)
Lot of tents ordered. (asking folks to limit themselves to no more than two 30X30 tents.... if possible......)
Everyone seems to be really please at how simple the process is.
Still some award and event sponsorship available for those interested.
From the looks of it, half of Canada will be here this year!!!!!!!!!

To get in on the fun, go to...............
https://firstinflightjets.com/

Looking to be a great event.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:08 AM
itryfly

Hey Larry,
Good seeing you & Jackie last week. All signed up looking and forward to another great FIF.

Andy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.