Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 08:17 AM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilot-RC
in my option, this is quality issue:

the following is quality issue if it is inside the varnish.

other photos you show me, as I post. I am sorry that I can not warranty no that kind of issue for a large batch factory handmade product which sell at only 1649USD. I am sorry that I can not do it as the high level which you want. Lyman had talked with you by call. but you insist to say this predator is with serious paint quality issue. that is why I say the best way is that you return the predator to me. I refund you. we do not want to sell a product to the customer who feel unsatisfied.
Tony, everything I posted is inside the varnish. If it was not I would have just cleaned it off and waxed it and you would never have heard from me. If it was limited to one area it would not be a big deal. However it is in multiple areas. I have a JTM viper that is similar in size and priced and the finish is stellar. While it is not your problem I have already purchased electronics and a turbine based on this particular model. Most of the servos may fit in another model but the large turbine is not returnable and too big to fit in something like a T one. Thus costing me more money and time. You admit the the predator is a quality issue. Is it really that much of a chore to replace it with a better finished product rather than sending me to another manufacturer that would cost us both time and money? Or even return one of my emails?
Thanks,
Tone
Old 11-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Pilot-RC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not reply your email is because I told Lyman to talk with you. I can not reply all the email. tons of email from all over the world. usually I will have local dealer to handle it.

Is it really that much of a chore to replace it with a better finished product rather than sending me to another manufacturer that would cost us both time and money? : as I said, I can not finish the level which you want.

Most of the servos may fit in another model but the large turbine is not returnable and too big to fit in something like a T one.: all your items can fit to many similar size jet in the market. include T one. you will not loose anything after you return the predator. your servo can fit to most similar size other brand name jet.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Agrav8ed

you will not loose anything after you return the predator. your servo can fit to most similar size other brand name jet.
Except for time, money and respect for your product. I hope other are paying attention to these post and can know what to expect in their finish. Obviously quality and pride in workmanship is not a factor.
Tone
Old 11-04-2018, 11:36 AM
mtnitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the picture's.
I was just about to order one, but now, I will look at the T1 Don't want to take a chance on the paint.
Pilot-RC should look at there quality problem on matter the price.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:30 PM
shepga

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I purchased a T1 last year and I received my Predator a couple of days ago. Overall I'm very satisfied with the finish on my Predator. It's not perfect but for $1695 (no retracts) I'm a 100% satisfied. My Predator did not have as many paint defects as in the photos above. Before I purchased my Predator my choices were 1. another T1 for $2500 with retracts, 2. Aspire, also at $1695 no retracts and 3. The Predator. If I had to do it over again it would be a tough choice between the 3. My flying buddy has an Aspire it's a beautiful plane but it has other issues. T-1 was great ...oops did I say WAS great? Paint finish was very very good and the plane flew extremely well. I haven't flown my predator yet but if flies as well as the TI my choice would be between the Predator and Aspire simply because of $1695 versus $2500.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:35 PM
shepga

Agrav8ed, I sent you a PM reply. I don't know if you got it.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Pilot-RC

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
Except for time, money and respect for your product. I hope other are paying attention to these post and can know what to expect in their finish. Obviously quality and pride in workmanship is not a factor.
Tone
I accept there are some minor fault and Lyman had talked with you about the compensation. but you do not accept and require for a replacement predator.in fact, it is no problem to rebuild one and send you. but I saw that you can not accept even a small spot on the paint. I know that I can not produce at such a high level. so I say the best way is return the jet and refund the money.

Last edited by Pilot-RC; 11-04-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:19 PM
Agrav8ed

I accept there are some minor fault and Lyman had talked with you about the compensation. but you do not accept and require for a replacement predator.in fact, it is no problem to rebuild one and send you. but I saw that you can not accept even a small spot on the paint. I know that I can not produce at such a high level. so I say the best way is return the jet and refund the money.
My problems was never a small spot in the paint. There are multiple spots on multiple areas of the model. Your representative Lyman offered me a free wing bag which I personally did not consider adequate compensation. I would rather have another jet without so many imperfections rather than a wing bag. The reason I selected the predator is because it looks well built and everyone seems happy with it. The jet has many good features, is a solid design and I would like to have kept it. If there was just one or two small spots or areas in the paint then it would not have been an issue. I am not trying to be unreasonable and I do not expect perfection, I just want a new jet with a finish to be halfway decent or fixable. I just requested a replacement jet that does not have so many areas or that you be willing to compensate me for repainting this one. Others that have posted have stated that their jets do not have as many issues as the one I received. I would have been happy with a spot here or there. I did not request or expect a perfect jet, just a replacement that did not have so many obvious issues. I am willing to work with you but I was told to return the jet and buy from another manufacturer. I am still willing to work with you. Its up to you how to proceed.
Thanks,
Tone
Old 11-04-2018, 05:55 PM
horsefeetky

i love your screen name..

maybe they will have another color scheme that is better finish i predict that one guy does the same color paint and if you choose another scheme you may get a better painter
Old 11-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Pilot-RC

My problems was never a small spot in the paint. There are multiple spots on multiple areas of the model. Your representative Lyman offered me a free wing bag which I personally did not consider adequate compensation. I would rather have another jet without so many imperfections rather than a wing bag. The reason I selected the predator is because it looks well built and everyone seems happy with it. The jet has many good features, is a solid design and I would like to have kept it. If there was just one or two small spots or areas in the paint then it would not have been an issue. I am not trying to be unreasonable and I do not expect perfection, I just want a new jet with a finish to be halfway decent or fixable. I just requested a replacement jet that does not have so many areas or that you be willing to compensate me for repainting this one. Others that have posted have stated that their jets do not have as many issues as the one I received. I would have been happy with a spot here or there. I did not request or expect a perfect jet, just a replacement that did not have so many obvious issues. I am willing to work with you but I was told to return the jet and buy from another manufacturer. I am still willing to work with you. Its up to you how to proceed.
Thanks,
Tone
Tone
your require is reasonable. I would like to work with you too. the problem is my production engineering can not get to the level you want. the level you want, which I understand is like the car paint. it need a very good dust free workshop. and paint only one color. it is impossible for me to produce such a product because I do not have good dust free workshop and usually jet is not with only one color. paint the jet with different color/ scheme is too difficult to produce it without small spots. this kind of small spot can not see when you stand in front of the jet. only can see when you find it carefully. if there is lots of spots in one area, it is the quality issue. if there is some small spots in different area of the whole plane. it is acceptable for my QC.
for example, the following photos show there are some small spots in different area, this is what you can not accept, and it is what I can accept. so that is why I can not offer you a new replacement because it is impossible for me to produce the level as you want.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:39 AM
Mart (Ham)

I have 2 new predators here, one mine and the other is a friends, we were generally impressed with the quality, I must say that my mates red scheme is close to perfect mine has a couple of little imperfections here and there oh and the live hinge’s are a bit jagged cracked paint close up, but we were generally pleased with the deep shine and glossy paint work.. for the money the kit fits together nicely and fly well..

Last edited by Mart (Ham); 11-05-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:12 PM
nigefay
My Feedback: (1)

I am really happy with the quality of mine and consider it perfectly acceptable for the price. It may not be a BVM but it’s a fraction of the cost and definitely one of the best flying jets I have experienced. I absolutely love it and will probably end up buying a 2.7m version.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Gary Szetlak
My Feedback: (13)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If they are only charging $1695 how much would they charge for a "good" paint job? Why can't they meet a standard? Is there is no QC in China? I have a Japanese made car and the fit and finish is beautiful AND it was several thousand dollars less than a comparable domestic car. It can be done. We just have to stop saying what do you want for $1695 because it doesn't stop there. Ask people at the events I would estimate a large number of pilots will tell you stories of poor finish or build quality on airframes much more expensive. Things have improved many manufactures stand behind their products without attitude, seek them out. It will force the competition to improve.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:54 AM
shepga

They do charge $1695 for a "good " paint job. I just received one and the paint job on mine is much better than just "good". Its not flawless but much better than "good".
Old 11-06-2018, 10:56 AM
oukenfold

Well my two cents, the quaity of the scheme 3 the blue one its very very well made, and yes have 3 or 4 details over the varnish and i remove them with some liquid, remover, and i have and top rc aspire, and i can say that the quality of this jet its more more better than top rc, and for 1700 usd its, and yes mine came with 3 o 4 details that i could fix them.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:32 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by oukenfold
Well my two cents, the quaity of the scheme 3 the blue one its very very well made, and yes have 3 or 4 details over the varnish and i remove them with some liquid, remover, and i have and top rc aspire, and i can say that the quality of this jet its more more better than top rc, and for 1700 usd its, and yes mine came with 3 o 4 details that i could fix them.
I would have been happy with only 3-4 areas over the varnish. Unfortunately I have much more than that and they are all UNDER the varnish. Not an easy fix without repainting and re-clearing. Which I should not have to do on a new jet. I also would have been happy replacement with less issues, or easily fixable ones. I was even willing to change my color scheme to something less noticeable, but Tony has requested that I return it and by from another manufacturer instead.
Tone

Last edited by Agrav8ed; 11-06-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:59 AM
oukenfold

I would have been happy with only 3-4 areas over the varnish. Unfortunately I have much more than that and they are all UNDER the varnish. Not an easy fix without repainting and re-clearing. Which I should not have to do on a new jet. I also would have been happy replacement with less issues, or easily fixable one. I was even willing to change my color scheme to something less noticeable, but Tony has requested that I return it and by from another manufacturer instead.
Tone
well i will make the same thing and ask for a replaplacent if mine have the problems your jet have, and to be honest it have to much bad details your jet, i think tony thought you were looking for a awsome and perfect painting and he its honest tell he can not control that the way he think you wanted, but i think your jet its the bad one of the batch and changing it it will fix the paint problem. so just make clear tony undestand that you dont care 2 or 3 paint details but not 12. and replacement its the way to go.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:01 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by oukenfold
well i will make the same thing and ask for a replaplacent if mine have the problems your jet have, and to be honest it have to much bad details your jet, i think tony thought you were looking for a awsome and perfect painting and he its honest tell he can not control that the way he think you wanted, but i think your jet its the bad one of the batch and changing it it will fix the paint problem. so just make clear tony undestand that you dont care 2 or 3 paint details but not 12. and replacement its the way to go.
I have tried to make that clear to him. I explained that I was not looking for perfection and some blemishes here and there were acceptable. I explained that the areas on the jet I received were all over and excessive. I even offered to accept a different color scheme. It didn't matter. He asked me to return the jet and go to another manufacturer.
Tone
Old 11-10-2018, 11:03 AM
shepga

Very happy to report what I thought was a paint blemish on the underside of my fuselage was easily removed with isopropyl alcohol. So I didn't have any paint defects at all, just 1 minor scratch on the bottom of the fuselage. Thanks for the great paint job Pilot-rc. I have been slowly working on the plane for a week and a half now, I'm still very satisfied.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Mart (Ham)

Default Installs

Jeti install with Cortex pro

Spektrum install with igyro 3e

Last edited by Mart (Ham); 11-10-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:52 PM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by shepga
Very happy to report what I thought was a paint blemish on the underside of my fuselage was easily removed with isopropyl alcohol. So I didn't have any paint defects at all, just 1 minor scratch on the bottom of the fuselage. Thanks for the great paint job Pilot-rc. I have been slowly working on the plane for a week and a half now, I'm still very satisfied.
I really glad for you and everyone else who received a predator with a good finish. From much I what I am reading it really is a great plane. I was really looking forward to mine and it really sucks that they are not willing to replace it. Glad your was able to come off with alcohol! Happy flying!
Tone
Old 11-11-2018, 03:20 PM
MikePS

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm all built, ready for maiden. Took it out today and gave the k140 its first start, taxi tested, checked the brakes...is everyone using the ABS option? AUW with UAT filled was 27.25 lbs. Using the balance jig supplier, my nose still drops a bit. From what I saw in the video, that seems like how the plane in the video balanced. Curious to hear what others experiences were.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:48 PM
dccatl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MikePS
I'm all built, ready for maiden. Took it out today and gave the k140 its first start, taxi tested, checked the brakes...is everyone using the ABS option? AUW with UAT filled was 27.25 lbs. Using the balance jig supplier, my nose still drops a bit. From what I saw in the video, that seems like how the plane in the video balanced. Curious to hear what others experiences were.
FWIW, I am not using the abs brake feature I’ve had no issues with braking without it. I just modulate the brakes myself with the slider on my transmitter.

Regarding balance: it was suggested to me by another Predator owner that the factory specified C/G was too nose heavy, requiring quite a bit of up trim and landing a bit fast. So I balanced mine so that it just drops the tail a bit on the jig. I did this with a full UAT and about an inch of fuel in the main tank. This seems just about perfect to me but still indicates nose heavy on a 45 degree inverted up-line. I’ve got about 40 flights on mine and will probably leave the C/G where it is now. Good luck on the maiden.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:16 AM
MikePS

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dccatl

FWIW, I am not using the abs brake feature I’ve had no issues with braking without it. I just modulate the brakes myself with the slider on my transmitter.

Regarding balance: it was suggested to me by another Predator owner that the factory specified C/G was too nose heavy, requiring quite a bit of up trim and landing a bit fast. So I balanced mine so that it just drops the tail a bit on the jig. I did this with a full UAT and about an inch of fuel in the main tank. This seems just about perfect to me but still indicates nose heavy on a 45 degree inverted up-line. I’ve got about 40 flights on mine and will probably leave the C/G where it is now. Good luck on the maiden.
Thanks for the input. I'll move my batteries back to see if I can get the balance you describe.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:32 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine has reached San Francisco. Getting closer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.