Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 04:29 PM
Carpet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I would like to now how the 2,7 goes together and is it something that could b taken apart ever time thank Larry
Old 10-27-2018, 05:15 PM
horsefeetky

tony

i sent you and email at pilot

i smoked my retract board.. i plugged the 3s turbine pack into it as they have the same molex plug ends and i didnt mark them well... help pls....
Old 10-27-2018, 05:58 PM
oukenfold

well i maiden mine today with 180 turbine, recomended CG, i have to much weight on the nose, he was diving to much and when i inverted again diving to the ground, no maybe i will tray to move baterries back,

i see one thing when i was making straight rolls i note that the X axis or the fuselage not center, like moving the nose and all the plane rolling ,

do you use aileron differential on the predator jet and and how many ?
or its just to much nose havy?
Old 10-30-2018, 06:25 PM
shepga

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My 2.2M Predator arrived today. The packaging was great the carton even had a weather proof wrapping. Very, very pleased with it. As everyone else has mentioned the paint work is superb. It seems much lighter than my T-1. I would not be surprised if it comes out 2 or more lbs lighter than my T-1. I ordered the plane from Pilot-rc USA September 2. It shipped October 17th and I received it October 30th. Well, time to start the build..I mean assembly.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:33 PM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by shepga
My 2.2M Predator arrived today. The packaging was great the carton even had a weather proof wrapping. Very, very pleased with it. As everyone else has mentioned the paint work is superb. It seems much lighter than my T-1. I would not be surprised if it comes out 2 or more lbs lighter than my T-1. I ordered the plane from Pilot-rc USA September 2. It shipped October 17th and I received it October 30th. Well, time to start the build..I mean assembly.
Which color and version did you get? Any pics?
Thanks,
Tone
Old 10-30-2018, 08:27 PM
shepga

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
Which color and version did you get? Any pics?
Thanks,
Tone
I have the same as nigefay in post 256 above. 2.2M
Old 10-31-2018, 06:23 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by shepga
Did you get the turbine ready version or installing your own servos? What are you planning on motor? Looks really good. I ordered mine about 3 weeks behind you. Hopefully it ships the end of this week.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:27 AM
Agrav8ed

I ordered mine on October 1st from Pilot USA and just received my shipping notice this weekend. I went with the all yellow version. Looking forward to trying it out.
Tone
Old 10-31-2018, 08:08 AM
Pilot-RC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by horsefeetky
tony

i sent you and email at pilot

i smoked my retract board.. i plugged the 3s turbine pack into it as they have the same molex plug ends and i didnt mark them well... help pls....
you can buy one from US warehouse. contact with Lyman by [email protected]
thanks.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:25 AM
shepga

Originally Posted by why_fly_high
Did you get the turbine ready version or installing your own servos? What are you planning on motor? Looks really good. I ordered mine about 3 weeks behind you. Hopefully it ships the end of this week.
I got the version where I install my own servos.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Agrav8ed

Just heard from the wife that my predator is here. Ordered from the US store. Just over four weeks from ordering to my door.
Tone
Old 11-02-2018, 11:52 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Just heard from the wife that my predator is here. Ordered from the US store. Just over four weeks from ordering to my door.
Tone
Nice. I can't wait to receive my package.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:59 PM
Agrav8ed

I cant wait to get home and open it. Unfortunately, today is a overtime day. Question for those that already have the predator. There looks to be a flat bar on the elevators and wings that is used for mounting the to the fuse. Are these already drilled and tap correctly or are they just flat bar stock and we are expected to drill and tap them ourselves?
thanks,
Tone
Old 11-02-2018, 11:29 PM
Mart (Ham)

No drilling or tapping needed it’s all done just slide them in a tighten the bolt..
Old 11-03-2018, 06:19 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by Mart (Ham)
No drilling or tapping needed it’s all done just slide them in a tighten the bolt..
interesting, I was looking at post #245 and it appeared that the wings have only flat bars with no holes in them. For those of you who received the new predator, were the holes already drilled?
thanks,
Tone
Old 11-03-2018, 07:38 AM
Pilot-RC

no need to drill. there is the clamp inside the fuselage for the flat bar.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Agrav8ed

interesting, I was looking at post #245 and it appeared that the wings have only flat bars with no holes in them. For those of you who received the new predator, were the holes already drilled?
thanks,
Tone
It looks like the new style predator uses a clamp system now. Oops, Tony beat me to the punch. Here is a pic of the clamps for the elevator.
Tone
Old 11-03-2018, 11:08 AM
Mart (Ham)

Maiden flight was made today, all went well needed quite a lot of up trim but no other trim needed also no elevator trim needed with full flap for Landing, it was a bit windy but went for it anyway..
Old 11-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Mart (Ham)

Old 11-03-2018, 11:56 PM
Agrav8ed

I need an opinion, I keep hearing about how great the finish on the predator is but the jet I received came with all grit, stains, scratched and voids in the clear coat and paint. There is black showing through the yellow, black specks in the decals, and want looks like stains in some areas. I contacted Pilot and was told that the finish was the best the could do and was normal. I have other electric composite jets and none of them look like this. Am I nitpicking or is this normal? How is the finish others have received? I have posted some pics. All the areas circled are under the clear coat and will not wipe off. There are several areas in the clear where there is dust or fin sand in the clear coat that you can see and feel. In the pictures they look like white spots or shiny. The is also some sort of white stain on the black painted area's under the wings that almost looks like haze or something spilled. The edge of one of the stabilizers has black paint showing through the yellow, and the live hinge on one of the elevators is jagged and very round and there is some sort of stain in the yellow paint. It is hard to see in the pics so I circled some of the areas to make it easier to see. There are also sever area's of orange peel in the clear coat. It is my experience that new paint is supposed well finished and smooth to the touch. There are many area's on the jet I received that are rough to the touch and feel like the paint on my old beater truck that has not been detailed in years. Please take a minute to look and let me know your opinions.

It hard to see but the small shine spots are reflections off of the grit under the paint

Another white area under the clear coat

These spots are under the clear and will not come out

This spot is a void where there is no clear coat and a noticeable divot.

another pic of the void

This live hinge is rough, raised, and has gaps in it. There is also a brownish stain in the yellow paint that is under the clear coat.

Another picture of the stains

More grit in the clear coat

The black is showing through the yellow paint on the leading edge

These are raise black dots right on the decal that were covered with clear coat.

More black spots under the clear and grit in the clear coat.

This is a fairly large raised bump in the clear coat about the size of the ball on a ball point pin.

Thanks,
Tone
Old 11-03-2018, 11:58 PM
Agrav8ed

I need an opinion, I keep hearing about how great the finish on the predator is but the jet I received came with all grit, stains, scratched and voids in the clear coat and paint. There is black showing through the yellow, black specks in the decals, and want looks like stains in some areas. I contacted Pilot and was told that the finish was the best the could do and was normal. I have other electric composite jets and none of them look like this. Am I nitpicking or is this normal? How is the finish others have received? I have posted some pics. All the areas circled are under the clear coat and will not wipe off. There are several areas in the clear where there is dust or fin sand in the clear coat that you can see and feel. In the pictures they look like white spots or shiny. The is also some sort of white stain on the black painted area's under the wings that almost looks like haze or something spilled. The edge of one of the stabilizers has black paint showing through the yellow, and the live hinge on one of the elevators is jagged and very round and there is some sort of stain in the yellow paint. It is hard to see in the pics so I circled some of the areas to make it easier to see. There are also sever area's of orange peel in the clear coat. It is my experience that new paint is supposed well finished and smooth to the touch. There are many area's on the jet I received that are rough to the touch and feel like the paint on my old beater truck that has not been detailed in years. Please take a minute to look and let me know your opinions.

It hard to see but the small shine spots are reflections off of the grit under the paint

Another white area under the clear coat

These spots are under the clear and will not come out

This spot is a void where there is no clear coat and a noticeable divot.

another pic of the void

This live hinge is rough, raised, and has gaps in it. There is also a brownish stain in the yellow paint that is under the clear coat.

Another picture of the stains

More grit in the clear coat

The black is showing through the yellow paint on the leading edge

These are raise black dots right on the decal that were covered with clear coat.

More black spots under the clear and grit in the clear coat.

This is a fairly large raised bump in the clear coat about the size of the ball on a ball point pin.

Thanks,
Tone
Please keep in mind that the above pics are from the elevators, rudder and one wing only!!! I stopped unboxing at that point and attempted to contact Pilot. The fuse and other wing may be worse.
Thanks,
Tone
Old 11-04-2018, 04:39 AM
Pilot-RC

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so sorry for the imperfections of the paint. Lyman had talked with me and I had double check the email and photos you sent me. First I want to correct something. I had not say that the finish was the best the could do and was normal. I accept that there is some imperfections and it is not the best finish. but most important is I deeply feel that I can not do the paint as the high level which you want. Predator jet is large batch factory handmade product. not the product which the highest level craftsman who take a few months to product only one jet. for me, it is impossible to produce a predator with such high level as you want and sell at only 1649USD. so the best way is that you return the predator to me. I refund you.

You can just let Lyman in US warehouse know when you decide to return the jet and the parts. Just let him know the time window (please allow 3~4 hours), the address, the contact's name and phone number at least one day ahead. he will schedule a pick up then. Please be sure package well as original. Once we receive them we will inspect within 2 business days. If there is no damage we will issue a full refund to you immediately.

Again, I am so sorry for the imperfections of the paint.

Last edited by Pilot-RC; 11-04-2018 at 05:04 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:23 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by Pilot-RC
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so sorry for the imperfections of the paint. Lyman had talked with me and I had double check the email and photos you sent me. First I want to correct something. I had not say that the finish was the best the could do and was normal. I accept that there is some imperfections and it is not the best finish. but most important is I deeply feel that I can not do the paint as the high level which you want. Predator jet is large batch factory handmade product. not the product which the highest level craftsman who take a few months to product only one jet. for me, it is impossible to produce a predator with such high level as you want and sell at only 1649USD. so the best way is that you return the predator to me. I refund you.

You can just let Lyman in US warehouse know when you decide to return the jet and the parts. Just let him know the time window (please allow 3~4 hours), the address, the contact's name and phone number at least one day ahead. he will schedule a pick up then. Please be sure package well as original. Once we receive them we will inspect within 2 business days. If there is no damage we will issue a full refund to you immediately.

Again, I am so sorry for the imperfections of the paint.
Tony, are you saying that all your jets look like this? I am not expecting perfection but I would not have thought the issues would be all over the jets surfaces and fuse. This is my first Pilot product and that is why I asked for opinions if this quality of finish was considered normal for this size and price range. Instead of replacing it with a jet without all the issues, your comments sound like you would rather just refund my money and have me take my business someplace else. Not the best business model in my opinion but what do I know. I have heard good things about this product and would rather have a replacement without so many issues than a refund. Then again, I would also rather have a product where the owner stood by his work. So I ask the forum, is this quality of finish expected at this size and price range?
thanks,
Tone
Old 11-04-2018, 06:52 AM
horsefeetky

the finish on mone was not perfect and a bit better or at least less imperfections than your pics show. im satisfied with mine as is and the more detail in the paint the more chance for things to go wrong. i got the white with splash paint on it and the paint it self is good but there are patches of dull or spalsh from thinner maybe used to clean up tape lines. at a standing position outside in the sun it is amazing for the price. and i would not hesitate to buy another pilot plane. the new mb339 being made for bananna hobby is made by them and looking good in reports so far on prototype....cost is almost a grand more than the predator but it is turbine ready at 2500.. and that is less than turbine ready predator from chief aircraft...
Old 11-04-2018, 07:59 AM
Pilot-RC

in my option, this is quality issue:

the following is quality issue if it is inside the varnish.

other photos you show me, as I post. I am sorry that I can not warranty no that kind of issue for a large batch factory handmade product which sell at only 1649USD. I am sorry that I can not do it as the high level which you want. Lyman had talked with you by call. but you insist to say this predator is with serious paint quality issue. that is why I say the best way is that you return the predator to me. I refund you. we do not want to sell a product to the customer who feel unsatisfied.

Last edited by Pilot-RC; 11-04-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.