Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

irwins lower unit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

irwins lower unit

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 03:16 PM
nitroballs
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default irwins lower unit

I have a irwins black hard plastic outboard lower unit and it has a brass insert tube i believe its for brushless set up I was wondering if any one knows what its worth to sell it?It also has a slight angle on top where the motor mounts like a os style
Old 01-21-2018, 08:29 AM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

This lower was created for both EP and K&B models. REK - EP and Irwin for K&B. They are the same bolt pattern. REK made them for Irwin. They are worth what someone wants to pay for it.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:04 AM
nitroballs

Thanks but I need to know what it's worth not what someone is willing to pay for it any idea's anyone??
Old 01-21-2018, 10:23 AM
nitroballs

I found the Info thanks
Old 01-22-2018, 09:26 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Actually, Mark is right. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Think of your motor as a car. You buy it new for one price and then drive it home. You're not going to sell it for the same amount of money as the purchase price if you sell it the very next day because it's now considered to be used, regardless of how many miles are on the odometer.
With anything R/C, once it has been sold to the initial buyer, it's only worth what others are willing to pay. You might get a bit more if it's still in its original packaging but you will never get the purchase price for it
Old 01-23-2018, 06:54 AM
nitroballs

This is new and unlike a car has no miles on it lol so its worth what I'm willing to sell it for.Thanks guys
Old 01-23-2018, 08:37 AM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Wink

This is new and unlike a car has no miles on it lol so its worth what I'm willing to sell it for.
LOL! Good luck with that one! Try selling a brand new car for what you paid for it. The OP is clearly a kid with no life experience, let’s let him find out himself, he certainly doesn’t need our advice.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:44 AM
nitroballs

You guys are so smart i wish I was as smart as you dumb added just go about your business i don't need your opinions it sold for 89.00 so bite me
Old 01-23-2018, 04:33 PM
Hydro Junkie

Some times you get lucky, which is probably the case this time. Most won't pay that much for a part that someone else originally purchased. Normally, getting 50%(more or less) of the new price is about all you're going to get.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:47 PM
nitroballs

Thanks hydro i definitely got lucky on that deal.take care buddy
Old 01-24-2018, 02:49 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Seeing how it's now considered an out-of-stock part the price can go either way but usually higher. I saw Jim shortly before he passed away as he was selling everything, boats, parts and up to his trailer. I know that Mark "ob nut" Scott got some of his 2oz. reserve tanks that Sullivan made for him as he was handing them out at the Toledo Show back then. I got a couple as hey, they were free!
Like other posters said, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it, just like on eBay or a car auction.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Hydro Junkie

Okay, Jim Irwin selling out and passing away was something I didn't know. That explains the price that was paid for the lower. It also means that, unless someone starts manufacturing them using existing molds, there will be no replacement parts available
Old 01-24-2018, 03:31 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Jim died a few years ago. That last time I saw him he was wheelchair bound as before that he was moving around on one of those electric chairs like Hov-A-Round. We used to chat on AOL late at night and I had to use the largest type they had so he could read it as he was slowly going blind also. I don't think that he went without a fight as he was a tough old bird.
It seems like that lower unit could be worth something seeing how it's not being manufactured any more. It's light-weight so it does have that edge on stock cast metal units. My suggestion is to either hang on to it and hope for more money or throw it on eBay to see what someone is willing to pay with a minimum price.