Search
Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

BJ Craft Eternity

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 03:52 AM
Daniel_81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Steve, I'm about to fly mine, what do you mean by the stock incidence?
Do you mean you didn't change what it is after you bolted the wings on?

Thanks
Daniel
Old 06-05-2019, 06:15 AM
FLYERSG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daniel_81
Hi Steve, I'm about to fly mine, what do you mean by the stock incidence?
Do you mean you didn't change what it is after you bolted the wings on?

Thanks
Daniel
Set the Eternity bottom wing at +5 degrees. The top wing should be between zero and +5 degrees depending upon how the plane performs in knife edge flight. My Eternity required a 1/32" shim above the trailing edge of the bottom wing.to achieve +5 degrees incidence. I'm still working on the top wing. With the trailing edge of the top wing touching the fuselage, my Eternity requires a significant shim under the forward wing hold down screw in order not to have negative incidence in the top wing.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:53 PM
chuck4816s
My Feedback: (11)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you sure it is 5deg and not .5deg? +5 seems like an aweful lot..
Old 06-11-2019, 07:59 PM
FLYERSG

Originally Posted by chuck4816s
Are you sure it is 5deg and not .5deg? +5 seems like an aweful lot..
Oops.....my mistake. Yes.....it is +.5 degree, not 5 degrees! I'm still waiting for a low wind day here in the Midwest to maiden my Eternity. I had perhaps a 3/32" gap between the top wing and the top of the fuselage with the wing sitting on the struts. I ended up covering the fuselage wing seat and bottom of the top wing with plastic wrap and placed some Hysol epoxy in the gap to form two custom fit shims. My top wing is currently sitting at +.1 degree incidence. I'll make further adjustments, if needed, depending upon how the plane flies in knife edge.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:20 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes. 0.5 degrees is correct.

I am installing the stab fences which were supplied with the kit on mine so I'll see how it goes. I'm thinking that it will improve tracking through corners a bit. I'll post pics once I get them on.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:35 PM
shannah

It’s been a while since I posted an update. I have the Eternity flying very well. I added the stab fences and the Ventral fin similar to what you see others using. It tracks nicely and feels very locked in.

I added more brake on the XDrive and slowed down my overall flight envelope. The slower speed and brake really helped the presentation and tracking. The plane is very different when you keep it fairly slow and constant airspeed.

The XDrive has been doing great since the changes BJ sent. I also hard mounted the rear and that helped a lot with tracking thru corners. I’m really liking this setup. Here’s a couple pics from today next to Jim Woodwards Tuny Built Ultimate

Old 10-05-2019, 11:41 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

That ventral fin looks like it might be a problem when flying off grass?
Old 10-07-2019, 11:41 AM
shannah

Originally Posted by ltc
That ventral fin looks like it might be a problem when flying off grass?
Possibly, I am fortunate to have only hard surfaces/pavement to fly off so it isn't an issue for me.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:29 AM
jim woodward

Originally Posted by shannah
It’s been a while since I posted an update. I have the Eternity flying very well. I added the stab fences and the Ventral fin similar to what you see others using. It tracks nicely and feels very locked in.

I added more brake on the XDrive and slowed down my overall flight envelope. The slower speed and brake really helped the presentation and tracking. The plane is very different when you keep it fairly slow and constant airspeed.

The XDrive has been doing great since the changes BJ sent. I also hard mounted the rear and that helped a lot with tracking thru corners. I’m really liking this setup. Here’s a couple pics from today next to Jim Woodwards Tuny Built Ultimate
Steve - Beautiful pics! Thanks for all your help and letting me fly the Eternity. It is an amazing plane for sure on your setup!
Jim
Old 11-13-2019, 11:46 PM
Silent-AV8R

Looks like a stick plane next to the Ultimate!!
Old 11-16-2019, 08:26 PM
shannah

That Ultimate is a beauty for sure.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:27 AM
FLYERSG

Steve: What lipo packs are you using in your Eternity and how much flight time are you getting with them? I'm using the F3A Unlimited 5200 packs and get approximately 8 minutes in the air before my Jeti tells me I've consumed 80% and it's time to land.

Mike
Old 11-18-2019, 10:10 AM
GootyS

Great Build Log. Do you know the dihedral of the wings, root cord etc? Nice looking aircraft.