Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Don Muddiman Flying Machine

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Don Muddiman Flying Machine

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 09:15 AM
flyingmachine
My Feedback: (9)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Don Muddiman Flying Machine

HEY THERE

I will buy this in one second!

[email protected]

rich
Old 11-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's been 2 months since an update.

So is the FM ARF project still making any progress?

Or did something go terribly wrong with the prototypes that Don received, and the project got set way back? Or maybe cancelled it?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 AM
flyingmachine
My Feedback: (9)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been scared to ASK, I don't want to know..........................sigh
Old 11-12-2012, 08:42 AM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got on the "I want one" a long time ago and somehow I lost the thread in the process. Thank the the stars I found this by accident. I read in some threads there was a short kit floating around, true or not ? I would gladly take a s/kit until the ARF's arrive, what is the possibility? I never wanted a kit so much so here goes...I want one..I want one...x's a whole bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Can't wait for a reply! Joe
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

I have a short kit, PM me an offer.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Quikturn
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can work on copying the kit I have. Are there any legal issues I should be concerned with?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:42 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Legal issues...not sure. Ethical issue, YOU BET!!

This is Don's baby...and he needs his cut of the deal. Maybe get permission from him before you go selling copies of his BLOOD AND SWEAT!!

I'm just saying.......[:@]
Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Quikturn

Good point. Don't want to dis anybody.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Dave McDonald

Hmmmm........
Condor logged into RCU yesterday afternoon, but didn't post an update to this thread.

I've got to admit that the future of the FM ARF has me worried.................again.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:11 PM
ovationdave
My Feedback: (16)

I am just watching at this point. I have my FM almost ready to cover, glad I picked up a short kit when they were available. This has obviously become a joke, which is unfortunate because it is a fantastic airplane, kudos to Don, and thanks for a wonderful design, but seriously folks......
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Ernie Misner

What if many, many of us send in an email or request to get the FM on the market again? Where shall we send it to?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:02 AM
pmarkey
My Feedback: (5)

I would be ecstatic if someone will market a short kit again of the Flying Machine..

Old 11-29-2012, 07:44 AM
83scamp

I just ordered a set of plans from Don a couple of weeks ago.  Had them in about 3 days.  It doesn't get any better than that.  I've got a couple of kits ahead of it, but a FM is on my to-do list for this winter!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Dave McDonald

It's now been nearly 3 months without an update.

Not sure what went wrong, but it's looking like the Flying Machine ARF project has died........again.

R.I.P.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Ernie Misner

It will live on forever in our minds at least.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:59 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Hi

Sent an email directly to Condor, we will see if he answers.

Vince
Old 12-02-2012, 07:03 AM
RC MANIAC119

Condor was extremely chatty in the beginning.....instant disclosures, super quick responses. But now?..........lots of dead air.

WE JUST WANT TO BE IN THE LOOP!!!!! I don't think that's asking too much.......[]
Old 12-02-2012, 11:21 AM
BirdofpraY
My Feedback: (31)

Guys it's been 4 years since the start of this and nothing has come of it. I would suggest just getting the plans and take your time and build one. Because I bet you will have yours done before the ARF's hit the market.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Tweek

Guys...many thousands of dollars have been dumped into this project over the last few years by two players in this group. While it's nice to try and keep folks updated, it's really none of your business unless you've poured your blood and $$ into it. It' not some sort of "right" to be informed of the progress by this private business who is working on this item to sell. This stuff isn't cheap nor easy, so step back, take a deep breath, and let them work on this. Heckling, jabbing, making supposition, etc doesn't help nor speed things up or change the end result.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:04 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Tweek

Would have to respectfully disagree with your assertion. Promises have been made, personal info given to this person, updates have been given by this person. To say its none of our business, please, thats kind of arrogant on your part. If you cant see that, you need to re-examine your attitude post haste.

vince
Old 12-02-2012, 02:29 PM
screamrp

You're right on !! except for the guys who have put their money up to own this FM ARF !! // Silence on Condors part is not good business, nor does it helpwith future projects they may have. // Me personally, my heart goes out to Don Muddiman (my best friend) who has tried his best for at least 20+ years to get this plane on the market by large company's only to be blown off that there really isn't a demand for these high speed Aerobatic planes. Mean while watching Manufactures very qiuckly produce V-Tail junk, copy cat attemtps, Foam crap etc., VERY frustrating to say the least. The truth is; they can put out a 1/4 scale or 1/3 scale plane for only 15.00 to 20.00 more using Chinese labor, ALOT more profit for sure, and only selling half as many. Believe me I know first hand !! I have tried to get Great Planes, Horizon Hobby, Hobby Lobby, etc. to ARF my Scream Machine Reaper Electric since 2009' , same story even after sending Videos, Plans, Templates, phone calls, etc. I gave up. !! Don has much MORE patience than I do.

So I agree, BUILD it yourself if you want one , then YOU WILL BECOME a MASTER BUILDER and use that knowledge on all your next projects. Stop complaining and get to work. !! The King of Scream thanks to DON M. !!

Old 12-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Quikturn

How about licensing the plans to smaller kit manufacturers like AK-Models in Iowa City, IA. I've met Alex personally, he gave me the tour when I picked up a kit from him in the past, he has a computerized lazer cutter and even cuts his own balsa stock. I'm sure he would be happy to have the business.

To be honest, there is probably a small market for this kit and to get a large manufacturer involved with it is a tough sell. Maybe a smaller manufacturer or kit cutter can make a small volume venture work.

Just a thought.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:25 PM
RC MANIAC119

ORIGINAL: Tweek

Guys...many thousands of dollars have been dumped into this project over the last few years by two players in this group. While it's nice to try and keep folks updated, it's really none of your business unless you've poured your blood and $$ into it. It' not some sort of ''right'' to be informed of the progress by this private business who is working on this item to sell. This stuff isn't cheap nor easy, so step back, take a deep breath, and let them work on this. Heckling, jabbing, making supposition, etc doesn't help nor speed things up or change the end result.

I absolutely dis-agree with you!! First off, there has been NO heckling, jabbing or making any supposition concerning the FM ARF. We have the highest regard for Don, and what it takes to make this process successful........BUT, as the end user of this product, you know....THE CUSTOMER, we have every right to be informed of the progress!! Without us, SOMEONE GETS STUCK WITH THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, IN A NOWHERE PROJECT!!

So Tweek.......even if you are one of the two investors, I suggest that you remember this...The Customer is ALWAYS right, so you should keep your insults to a minimum!!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:10 PM
screamrp

I agree , I hope Condor reads this; Don Muddiman has the most loyal followers I've ever seen with any product, and if anybody EVER gets the FM on the shelves of Hobby Shops across the U.S.A., they will fly off the shelves FAST !!. // Just in our small Clubthere would be at least 6+ salesright now, and everywhereI go people ask me about WHEN will Don's plane be out. !!?? ( that covers allof Central Florida ) pretty much. I fly every where from Daytona Beach to Ocala, to Mullberry Laleland, RCACF Orlando, etc.
So please respond !! If the FM comes out it won't matter what the price is !! Trust me !! I talk to guys all over !! Just look at the prices on ALIGN Helicopters because they're the best, it doesn't matter if it's 400.00 or 1100.00, GET ME ONE is the attitude. !! ///// WELL?? there is NO OTHER PLANE out there thatyou can unleash yourself on andbecome a super great pilot except the Flying Machine !!Do you really think the price matters. !!?? HeckNO !! Folks want a planethey can advance with, NOT blow the wings off of in a heart beat. !! Right now that market is wideopen andhas been since at least 1970s.!! Please FILL IT ASAP. !!//// if you're not then say so. !! /// Screamrp - The King of Scream

Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 AM
knighttwister
My Feedback: (59)

"all things come in their own time." [8D]
"patience is a virtue."
"you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you just might find, you get what you need."
"What can be conceived, can be achieved"[&:]
"Insults are perceived, gratitude is earned." [>:]
"Nothing ventured, nothing gained"[&o]

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR NOTHING? A RUBBER BISCUIT? MA MOW MOW MOW"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.